Raising the SS

• You can lift from either the center or outer rails... you won't damage anything (I've been raising the sling both ways for a couple of years and have no issues to report).

Just a word of warning though... if you do use jack stands down the center rails, be careful ~> because the sling can rock back and forth rather easily.

If you are using a jack and jack stands you will need to adjust them several times because of the shape of the frame. Its not like a car with 4 corners X.
    You will notice when you set your stands and let the SS back down one or more will not touch the frame. The recommend jack points are best for jack stand placement.
    This is why I bought a quick jack

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You can lift from either the center or outer rails... you won't damage anything (I've been raising the sling both ways for a couple of years and have no issues to report).

Just a word of warning though... if you do use jack stands down the center rails, be careful ~> because the sling can rock back and forth rather easily.

The fact that jackstands can allow the Slingshot to rock a little and the fact that the Slingshot's frame can lift off one of the remaining jackstands when putting it on or taking it off jackstands is the main reason why I like the added stability provided by the wooden platforms since they typically have a much broader base compared to a jackstand.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I see no reason to ever use anything but number one..for whatever you’re doing.

There is a visible difference in frame routing between the 2015 and the 2017 frames. Don't know about 2016. Presumably, the outer frame corners should work for all models, but I wish Polaris had thought about the potential confusion releasing 3 different recommended lift points! :/

• I have always lifted the front on the frame between the A arms. I have not looked but I swear the book showed that. But where the owners manual is another issue.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I have always lifted the front on the frame between the A arms. I have not looked but I swear the book showed that. But where the owners manual is another issue.

I just use any place that the cross bars tie into the frame rails. Do not just use the frame rail by itself, that tubing is pretty thin and will bend. If you do not believe that just look under there one time while it is in the air or jack stands. Just from speed bumps/curbs or placing the jack or jack stands in the wrong place

• I’ve been thinking about this for a while I haven’t taken any long or over night trips. But if I did I think I would want the ability to jack up the SS to change a tire. I know we don’t have spare tires but we could take the flat tire off and get it to a gas station or tire store.

I go to the local pick a parts junk yard looking for parts.

I came across these jacks today which are almost exactly the same size. Compared to other jacks these are probably the smallest you’ll find. They could easily fit under the seat. Haven’t tried it yet.

This one is out of a Honda.

This one will get the back tire off the ground. I tried it using a medium size crescent wrench instead of the crank handle.

The crank handle is a little large.

I’m not sure what vehicle this one is from but the crank is attached and it makes a smaller package.

I bought them both for $10. It should have been $10 each.

If you ever wanted a small scissors jack to take on a trip this could be it.

• My question is if you use the said points to lift the SS then where do you place JACK STANDS to be able to remove the jack and have the whole SS in the air for any or all types of underneath work.

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• My question is if you use the said points to lift the SS then where do you place JACK STANDS to be able to remove the jack and have the whole SS in the air for any or all types of underneath work.

Take a look at the picture I posted in Post # 45. For the front, lift points 2 & 3 can be anywhere underneath the vertical member the front suspension mounts to, leaving room to place the jack-stand just behind that member where the 2 & 3 are shown, or back at lift point 1. In the rear, I typically use lift point 3, leaving points 1 & 2 for the jack-stands. Since the wider apart the jack-stands are, I prefer lift points 1 or 3 for maximum stability.

I use hockey pucks (cheap on EBay or Amazon) on top of my floorjack's lifting plate to help protect the frame tubes. You can cut a small groove in the top of the puck to help fit better to the frame tubes when lifting. If you don't want to use a hockey puck, most floorjack lift plates have some raised edges which you should rotate so that the frame tube rests between those raised edges. This will also help protect the frame tube from the having weight concentrated on those raised edges.

Also get some foam pads for the top of the jack-stands for additional frame protection.

• The portable jacks I just mentioned were for emergency wheel removal...

To answered your other question That is the reason I bought the Quickjack #7000 lb. system....

I bought it to put on my welter duel exhaust system......as we speak I have them under my full size van to change a power steering pump.

I borrowed these photos from a previous thread....

• CostCo puts the Guick Jack 5000 on sale several times per year. Currently $100 at $999.00 delivered.

https://www.costco.com/QuickJa…ft.product.100460313.html

…...I have the QuickJack 5000 ….it was to do my Genesis transmission which worked out great but even better when I use it for the slingshot...and I got it around the holidays 2018 for $999 at Costco

• …...I have the QuickJack 5000 ….it was to do my Genesis transmission which worked out great but even better when I use it for the slingshot...and I got it around the holidays 2018 for $999 at Costco

Unfortunately, my limited budget means deciding between a Quick jack I'd use a few times per year or other accessories I'd use every ride. I guess I'll continue to make do with my floor-jack, jack-stands and wooden tire-blocks.;)

• Unfortunately, my limited budget means deciding between a Quick jack I'd use a few times per year or other accessories I'd use every ride. I guess I'll continue to make do with my floor-jack, jack-stands and wooden tire-blocks.;)

If you get a big enough capacity quick jack you can use it for all your vehicles. Quick jacks have two height settings with safety locks.

My question about the Polaris jacking points.....are they for only lifting one corner at a time or lifting the entire SS off the ground. If I want to change one wheel at a time....is that the correct place?