Raising the SS

• I have the owners manual for my 2018 SS SL but the pictures to ME do not tell me exactly where to position a jack to lift. Does anyone know or can explain to me the location to properly and safely lift the SS. TIA 8)

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• I raise mine on the corner of the tubular frame and then set a few 2x6's under the tires for added safety. I would look on youtube and see how Sam Owens suggests to do it. His videos have helped me allot as I am relatively new to my SS as well.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Ouch. I was looking right now at the ramps at Harbor Freight that are $39.99 but I just realized they will not work. I will have to purchase ramps in order to get my SS on the trailer. Ugh!!!

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I will custom build my own the next weekend day it rains and I can't get in SS. I can custom build them for my application out of wood, metal, or aluminum. Wood will be heavy but it will be free. I have enough scrap to do it for now and over the winter I will come up with a more permanent solution without dropping that kind of money.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• These things can be built for pennies compared to what race ramps wants. I am buying a new trailer, once I do I will start on ramps. I am going to build them for dual purpose. I am going to build them to get SS on and off the trailer as well as jacking it up for maintenance.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• These things can be built for pennies compared to what race ramps wants. I am buying a new trailer, once I do I will start on ramps. I am going to build them for dual purpose. I am going to build them to get SS on and off the trailer as well as jacking it up for maintenance.

Just a suggestion.

I would recommend ramps at least 7 feet in length to load your Sling on the trailer. Shorter ramps will make the angle to great and the front of your Sling will drag. I had an open trailer to haul my Sling and needed ramps 7 feet long to get the Sling on the trailer.

• In the front behind and in front of the shocks you will see two vertical tubes with a solid metal plate between the tubes. Place the directly under one of the vertical tubes.

In the rear you use the solid frame located next to the swing arm. Look under the sling where the back end curves around into the swing arm. You will be able to see the lift points. Do not pick up on the swing arm, but the area next to it.

• Holy cow. This went from where to position a jack to raise to do repairs or get under to ramps to drive it on a trailer. Getting to the OP, if I understand correctly, instead of jacking it up to do maintenance or get under to install things ( if that’s what your doing it for) get some $40 ramps and place behind the front tires and back up them ( learned from Erica) to get access under front then if you need rear access also I use a motorcycle jack in the rear under tubular frame in area where the tubes come together. Once raised I put jack stands underneath tubes for safety. So, ramps holding front tires and jack stands under rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas

• I built a set of wood ramps probably 30 years ago when I had the Corvettes and they worked good on my Firebirds also. Now they are used on the SS. I have found it easier to just use one of the race jacks from Harbor Freight along with the jack stands when I need to get under the SS. As to jacking up at the rear it is according to what I am going to do as to where my jack point will be. Most of the time I just use the swing arm being careful (NOT TO LIFT NEAR THE BRAKE LINE AND THE WIRING) always using wheel chocks.

• Hell, if you're just looking to get the Sling high enough to put a floor jack under it....why not just cut a couple 2" x 6" boards 12" long. I did this with my skill saw. Then put the saw at 45 degrees and cut an approach angle on one end of each board. Super cheap, super easy to make and so simple to use. Just lay them in front of your front tires, and drive up onto them. Then your floor jack can be placed any where you want to use it under the front.
    Once I had the front up high enough with the floor jack, I threw a set of jack stands under each side of the front, and used the floor jack under the angle drive case to jack the rear end up.
    If you have a low profile floor jack, it makes it even easier to get the Sling up in the air.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Hmmmm, and I've been lifting mine wrong all this time. Guess that voided my warranty!! My frame is probably warped now. I'm sure it's ruined the resale value too so I guess the only thing for me to do is to ride my money's worth out of it.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868