Raising the SS

• Wrong link. Here's the correct one:

http://www.revolutionlift.com/pdf/Revolution_RTP9.pdf

Just looking at my carport and garage ceilings, I would be concerned about the minimum ceiling height requirement of 9'5" since both of my areas have only 8' of clearance. Do you need that much capacity?

General comment - Check that your concrete floor is thick enough to fully support the weight of the lift and whatever you plan on lifting.

• Just looking at my carport and garage ceilings, I would be concerned about the minimum ceiling height requirement of 9'5" since both of my areas have only 8' of clearance. Do you need that much capacity?

General comment - Check that your concrete floor is thick enough to fully support the weight of the lift and whatever you plan on lifting.

The vendor has installed a four-post garage lift a few doors up and it's been fine, and all our garages are the same (condo development built by the same guy at the same time).

My garage height is 11' but a little of that will be taken by the garage door opener and door.

My first concern is what the vendor said - will the arms be long enough to position correctly on the slingshot?

I guess what I will have to do is get all measurement and go out to m y garage and measure where the arms would reach to on the slingshot.

• How to compete is to install a 10,000 due to driving 3/4 ton diesels. After having a hoist I don't know what I would do without it. Just to clean it even is so much easier to lift it and get at the bottom areas without bending and getting down.

gooseman

You have a lift that works with the slingshot - do you think this lift would work? I have an 11' ceiling so I need a model for low ceilings. Thanks

http://www.revolutionlift.com/pdf/Revolution_RTP9.pdf

• Why not go see the guy a few doors up and see if he'll let you try to put your slingshot on it to see if you're able to do so to your satisfaction. It would be a LOT less than to buy one and have it installed only to find out you can't use it. Maybe buy the guy a case of beer for his assistance

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Why not go see the guy a few doors up and see if he'll let you try to put your slingshot on it to see if you're able to do so to your satisfaction. It would be a LOT less than to buy one and have it installed only to find out you can't use it. Maybe buy the guy a case of beer for his assistance

He has an entirely different model, flat slats for the storage of his corvette.

• That looks like a nice lift and it has the symmetrical arms W0GEN mentioned. I don't have personal experience with lifts but am getting interested. At about $3,500 it is more expensive than any of the 2 post lifts at bestbuyautoequipment.com. There seems to be a lot of choices and I don't think the cheapest is where you want to go. Does anyone out there have some useful feedback?

It actually ended up at $3,200 fully installed. Took the installers 3 hours... they did a good job, It would have taken me 6 hours just to lay out all the pieces and figure it all out... LOL