What do you carry .....it in ??

• Great info! I know your post was directed primarily at Bill but you made point that made me reflect on my own post. Most people that are not in law enforcement don't carry a weapon with a light mounted. Here in Alabama we are an "open carry" state and I see more and more citizens carrying firearms with lights. I mostly carry open whether I'm working or not unless the particular situation dictates otherwise. Anytime I am going into a situation that COULD require artificial light I always carry a weapon with one mounted and have a handheld light also. You don't want to walk around pointing your gun at everything you want to see unless your clearing a building or area for a dangerous suspect.

In MI we can conceal as long as you have a CPL or open carry but it’s rare you see anyone open carrying. I also moonlight for a private security company that provides armed protection for individuals when I’m not at ZZP. I make sure I’m always prepared with lights that are not attached to my firearm and other tools for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• About 5 years ago it was $1.36 a pound as scrap and I had over a $1,000 worth at that time. Yes, and I still have it. I do not know what the reload brass is now. I probably have over 500 pounds already cleaned and sorted. Back at my last heart bypass I sorted out 11 buckets just to have something t do.

I just checked and cleaned, sorted, swagged, large primer go for about 20 bucks for 200 or 40 bucks for 500 and 75 bucks for 1000.

• Fully-processed, LARGE primer .45 ACP once fired brass cases
    • Cases have been wet-tumbled, deprimed/decapped, swaged, resized and then lightly polished to remove any remaining debris.
  • First off congrats on the concealed carry permit that's awesome. Second I also have a Kimber Ultra carry CDP II and love it, very smooth and accurate not to mention beautiful. All that said I got an inside the waist band for it and found it heavy and uncomfortable for every day carry. My solution, I got a Sig p938 and an outside the waist holster. Much smaller and easier to carry esp. with shorts. If I wore button down shirts a shoulder rig would work with the Kimber just fine. The thing I like about the little Sig is with a pocket holster I can hide in a jacket pocket or even cargo shorts pocket. You like everyone who carries will end up with a drawer full of holsters that's just the way it is lol. Again congrats on the permit and the awesome Kimber.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I also have a Kimber Ultra carry CDP II and love it, very smooth and accurate not to mention beautiful. All that said I got an inside the waist band for it and found it heavy and uncomfortable for every day carry. My solution, I got a Sig p938 and an outside the waist holster.

That's almost exactly what @sideseatdriver did. She has both a CC (IWB) & OC (OWB) holster for her Kimber and the p938 she got as her secondary EDC piece.

• I am fairly old school. I really liked my old Askin Avenger leather holster. Don't use it much anymore since I used to carry a full sized 1911. Now I carry a commander size 1911 or a SW M&P40c . I use a CompTac which I like but not as much as my leather Askin.