A question for those using an open trailer

• @123hotdog looks as the slope of your driveway, you could have probably let truck be in street for couple minutes and drive SS onthe trailer, without using ramps. Not sure , looks like might work. Anyway you are loaded and ready to go to Es? Great see you there

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Finally. The SS is on the trailer. I would like to express a sincere "thank you" to all that chimed in. The ramps from Harbor Freight gave me the angle I needed but only if SS was put on ass first (much more clearance that way). I used a hand crank winch that I've had for years similar to what is on a boat trailer. I used two strap slings from Harbor Freight and hooked them in winch hook and here is the link to those. 6000 lbs. Capacity 2 in. x 20 ft. Heavy Duty Recovery Strap I was hesitant to put them around the roll hoops but it worked perfect both times. No bend, no sway, no cracking, no popping. I listened and watched. Even with a trailer 83 wide, its tight. I attached two e-tracks to a pair of 2x6's. I will then attach the 2x6's to the trailer with carriage bolts, then I will strap SS around the two front tires to the e-tracks. I could have attached the e-tracks directly to the trailer but I am a Landscaper and those tracks would stay full of debris. This way the e-tracks will only be on trailer when SS is on trailer. I should've done like EjFord and put a six foot gate on. Would've made my life allot easier. I have a four foot gate. I like a short gate for my work. I really hope this helps anyone in the future.slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/85808/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/85808/

The important part...you found a system that will work for you … and the dual purpose of the trailer make $$$ sense.