LOT'S of issues at the Indy Half Mile..........but some good also.

• Just thought I would share with the group my experience from the half mile.

We got there at 815am. One of the guys caused us to run late so I am already stressed out since I wanted to be there for the gates. Get the SS out and still need to put a couple trim pieces on. I break a wire on the rear radiator. Now 20min later, I get it back together. I get it out for the first couple runs and I cannot get it to shift into each gear smoothly to save my life. But I'm also now shifting at 7000-8000RPMs. On my 3rd run, around 10:45am I go for 3rd and I snap my gear shifter off. It's not the stock one, it's a billet one. So now I am thinking my weekend is done.

As luck would have it one of our techs used to live and work in Marion. He makes a call to a machine shop he used to work at, and 15min later we are clamping a couple pairs of vice grips to what's left of the shifter and driving to the machine shop. We get there and get a piece of cold rolled steel and make a crude shifter. It ain't pretty but it works and I'm back in the game.

We get back to the track and I suit back up and get back on the track. I make another run and blow a fitting off and my idle is stuck at 3000RPM because of the massive vac leak. At this point I'm thinking, you have GOT to be fucking kidding me. We get that issue fixed and I get back out on the track.

I get out there and nail every gear just right, but right before the end of the track I let off because the ass end of the SS gets really light and my sphincter puckers up but it feels like a good run. I make my way back to the starting grid. I slow down as I see the rest of the ZZP team at the edge of the track and they are all jumping up and down and fist pumping like they are all at an electronic music festival. I motion to them to tell me how fast as I drive by. I'm thinking I at least went 131mph again or maybe 135mph. And then Steve flashes me 141. I'm thinking I did not interpret that correctly so I pull to the side of the track and I hear "141 fucking MPH!!!" Overcome with joy I continue on to make another pass. I bested my original speed by 10mph at 16psi.

It started off as a really tough morning but turned out to be a great day by besting my overall top speed. None of it would have been possible without having a great group of guys and techs around me. Tomorrow the boost will get turned up and I will go for more if the rear end allows it and doesn't get too squirrely. Aero will likely be the focus when we get back to ZZP.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Me neither. ..... I just bragged on @Kyle in my thread. I just cant get the power gods and the traction gods to shake hands. It's either way to much power and blow the rear tire up or not enough power and you can't keep up.

I'll try to catch him tomorrow but it ain't looking good for me. You can allow ride along passengers here. So I may force @Kyle D to ride with me and show him how to do an 1/8th mile long burnout..... :D

• I may force @Kyle D to ride with me and show him how to do an 1/8th mile long burnout..... :D

I totally want to go for a ride with you so I can experience the auto trans. And we will have to do a couple side by side passes down the run way. Getting traction is really hard and there seems to be a really fine line between way too much spin and not enough pedal and it bogs down. I struggled with traction all day as well but we both made great accomplishments in raising the bar for everyone else.

• Just out of curiosity is that the stock transmission and if it is has it been modified to deal with the extra power?

Also the shifter that snapped, what that the stock shifter, of an after market short shift?

anyway congratulations on breaking 140 i very impressive, and good luck on todays runs

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thank you very much!

100% stock trans and drive train with zero modifications. To be honest we are trying to do all this keeping everything as original as possible and just modifying the Turbo kit as needed.

The shifter that broke was the stock shifter but with a knob we made in house. After it broke I made a new shifter than mounted directly to the bar coming off the top of the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Okay, I see where it broke now, with that threaded hole going all the way through for the bolt to attach the shift knob I can see where that would be the week point of the shifter - when I replaced my stock shift knob with the Twist Dynamics carbon fiber it completely eliminates this part and attaches directly to the part that comes out of the transmission

looking at this pic I just snapped you can see why it is not strong - but clearly you know this so the picture is for those who may not

Thanks for your reply, I was concerned that it might have broken the actual part that comes out of the transmission - which for me is the DDMWorks short shifter

going forward you might want to get a shift knob that attaches without using this part, like the twist I have or one of the adapters that gives a standard thread

• Just so we can compare apples to apples you should think about doing a build thread on your sling, it really is amazing that you are competing for the top without 30k++++ worth of upgrades in the engine/sling.

It really goes to show your prowess when it comes to ecotech engineering, so hat off to you guys for an extremely well done job.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Just so we can compare apples to apples you should think about doing a build thread on your sling, it really is amazing that you are competing for the top without 30k++++ worth of upgrades in the engine/sling.

It really goes to show your prowess when it comes to ecotech engineering, so hat off to you guys for an extremely well done job.[/quote]

Thank you for the compliment. I have a really great team behind me and none of this would have been possible without them.

I’ve actually been meaning to do that build thread. I just haven’t gotten to it yet. Now that I have a little down time before Ocala I can get that done.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I to would love to see build threads for each of these incredible machines especially if they include mods to the drive train - I think it is very impressive that the kind of power we are talking about here is being put down through the stock angle drive in all of these builds and through the stock transmission in all but one as far as I know - - if these things have been modded to deal with the higher power I would love to know what has been done. Are there really any transmission or angle drive mods even available?

Even though most of us will never push these limits there is much we can learn from the things you are doing and I would bet there are things that can filter down that can make our slings stronger and more reliable which would be a very good thing