Car / Motorcycle insurance cost

• Comparing insurance rates is futile, even if it was with your neighbor, who has the same house, same vehicle, same driving record, credit score, and birthday .....

However knowing where you are located, and which companies you checked, may help others in your area narrow the list for you .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I started out with Progressive for 3 months...it was crazy 2175.00 yr... ended up at National General Insurance and paying $1020.00 yr.

46 yrs old
    Clean driving record
    Not married but w/a great girlfriend :D

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Allstate quote from one agent... over $1,000. Allstate quote from another agent who understands what a slingshot is, and how to cover it...$550.00. DFW Metroplex. Call Brian Certain at Allstate, he will hook you up.

Address: 2310 W I-20 Ste 212, Arlington, TX 76017
    Phone:(817) 640-8738

Tom

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• I was with Geico for 12 years and they even had my home thru a Travlers policy. I dropped them and went with Nationwide on everything when I started shopping for the Slingshot insurance.. I am at roughly 700 a year and that includes 3000.00 in accessory coverage. Here is my actual declaration page. I think when you balance it out with my auto coverage it works out to be a pretty good price. And I try to keep my deductibles on average. Is this fairly good coverage?

• Agree that its impossible to compare as there are a million different variables but I will still post mine.

State Farm $358 per year and can turn it off in the winter but its a bargain so I won't.
    $100 deduct on comp $250 deduct on collision. max liability including coverage under my $1M liability umbrella.......

• I started out with Progressive for 3 months...it was crazy 2175.00 yr... ended up at National General Insurance and paying $1020.00 yr.

46 yrs old
    Clean driving record
    Not married but w/a great girlfriend :D

Interesting. I am with progressive at a wee bit under $800. Off to find other alternatives. Think I can do better. Need to renew end of July.

And yes, your girl is great. Charming at wrench day, my wife would have freaked out. Posted at summit, I pushed too hard to get my wife to come, and she fled to Canada - true story. Did your girl track with you? I don't remember.

Take care of her, and do tell her I hope to see her again!

• Not Slingshot-related, just a sidebar, but does regard insurance...

Just got home from visiting my insurance agent. Took my FJ Cruiser so they could take pics of damage. I assume some little neighborhood bastards were feeling their oats this past weekend. 2 BB shots to my FJ :cursing:
    The passenger side, side window aftermarket visor saved the glass there. The other shot hit lower corner, driver's side windshield & crack has continued to propagate over the last couple days. Safelite is coming to my house tomorrow afternoon to replace windshield...
    (2 hotties meandered into the one pic I was taking :) )

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I was with Geico for 12 years and they even had my home thru a Travlers policy. I dropped them and went with Nationwide on everything when I started shopping for the Slingshot insurance.. I am at roughly 700 a year and that includes 3000.00 in accessory coverage. Here is my actual declaration page. I think when you balance it out with my auto coverage it works out to be a pretty good price. And I try to keep my deductibles on average. Is this fairly good coverage?

Geico recently started insuring motorcycles in MA, I have my cars with them. When called, they stated they don't write the SS as of yet. I went with Commerce for $800/year.

• Interesting. I am with progressive at a wee bit under $800. Off to find other alternatives. Think I can do better. Need to renew end of July.

And yes, your girl is great. Charming at wrench day, my wife would have freaked out. Posted at summit, I pushed too hard to get my wife to come, and she fled to Canada - true story. Did your girl track with you? I don't remember.

Take care of her, and do tell her I hope to see her again!

Yes she came to track day. Insurance numbers are all over the board for this nice machine... I expect as they age like us...the premium of insurance will drop. FINGERG crossed.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Over 25 of us in the Dallas / Fort Worth area have our SS's insured through Allstate with one agent, Brian Certain. Brian said Allstate is the preferred insurance provider for the Slingshot. I have a clean record, carry 300/100/300, $250 deductible, $8,000 in accessory coverage and free trip/hazard insurance. All that for $380 a year! I have everything else through USAA so that price is without multi-car discounts.....

It would not hurt to give your local Allstate agent a call.

• I've had my LE for almost a year and a half now. I have State Farm and pay $239.00 a year for full coverage and very good coverage. When I first checked into insurance, I was with Progressive and they quoted me $2,400 for the same coverage... Needless to say, I moved all my insurables over to State Farm. I'm 46 and have no points on my record in Indiana.

Whatever it is, it's better in the wind..... 8)

• Over 25 of us in the Dallas / Fort Worth area have our SS's insured through Allstate with one agent, Brian Certain. Brian said Allstate is the preferred insurance provider for the Slingshot. I have a clean record, carry 300/100/300, $250 deductible, $8,000 in accessory coverage and free trip/hazard insurance. All that for $380 a year! I have everything else through USAA so that price is without multi-car discounts.....

It would not hurt to give your local Allstate agent a call.

Tim, I'm gonna give him a call tomorrow. I wonder if he can issue policies in Arkansas?
    Allstate here quoted me $926. I'm paying $898 with Farm Bureau right now.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• Not Slingshot-related, just a sidebar, but does regard insurance...

Just got home from visiting my insurance agent. Took my FJ Cruiser so they could take pics of damage. I assume some little neighborhood bastards were feeling their oats this past weekend. 2 BB shots to my FJ :cursing:
    The passenger side, side window aftermarket visor saved the glass there. The other shot hit lower corner, driver's side windshield & crack has continued to propagate over the last couple days. Safelite is coming to my house tomorrow afternoon to replace windshield...
    (2 hotties meandered into the one pic I was taking :) )

Tripod - the FJ has Hydrophobic glass - much more expensive than the std Safelite replacement. Make sure they know you want OEM glass!

Home of the free - because of the brave