Battery Replacement

• I'm the recent owner of a 16 SS SL. I added a new radio with speakers, wheel lights, ground effect and several other lights. I rode out Wednesday and Thursday and this morning my SS will not start. I'm thinking that the original battery can't handle the work load. Looking to add a sub with amp next week. Seeking advice on what battery to replace the old battery with. I want something with more cranking power. Do I need to do any tray modification?

• Try the search function using the term "battery"...

A lot of folks like the Optima... but there are a lot of options discussed.

Welcome to the forum! Don't forget to post some pics of your ride.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I'm the recent owner of a 16 SS SL. I added a new radio with speakers, wheel lights, ground effect and several other lights. I rode out Wednesday and Thursday and this morning my SS will not start. I'm thinking that the original battery can't handle the work load. Looking to add a sub with amp next week. Seeking advice on what battery to replace the old battery with. I want something with more cranking power. Do I need to do any tray modification?

It's time for a new battery....
    If you plan on rocking the neighborhood and running a light show from the accessory position.

For normal day to day driving...
    Battery maintenance. Corroded posts hamper the starting process just as much as recharging the battery while vehicle is in use.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: