Modifying the Stock Backup Camera Display for Driving is Unsafe.

• Folks, it is beyond unsafe, it is Dangerous and can lead to an accident. My video will show the results of modifying the Stock Backup Display for Driving. Extensive testing discovered this condition and I am recommending that no one modify the Stock Backup Display for Driving!!! The Backup Display and Camera are integrated into the ECM and part of the condition is to activate the Rev Limiter that we all experience as the Stutter when we try to go to fast in reverse. When we modify the display for driving, we are fooling the ECM for a while, but it will discover that there are some conditions that are not normal and put the engine in a shutdown mode. In traffic conditions this could lead to an accident in that you can not accelerate, the Slingshot just slowly comes to a stop with no control on your part. DO NOT MODIFY THE BACKUP CAMERA FOR DRIVING!

• Folks, I will display my wiring diagram I am using for my connection to show how I was able to get the Backup Display to work for Driving. Testing brought the down side of doing this and want to make sure others do not go in this direction.
    Folks, I had the relay in my supply, a diode could have worked in the place of the relay. I always use what I have available first choice. This was brought to my attention from @cbailey7a and would work great for isolation. Without the relay or diode, each time you depress the clutch the Display would come on. Not good! Thanks for his suggestion, but this is all down the drain and not an option. My drawing show ECU, it should be ECM.

This is only to show the connection I made that leads to the engine shutdown at some point in the operation of using the switch while driving. Now don't let this be an endorsement, but if you just turned the switch on all the time, I think all would be ok, but have not tested and do not want to have this an option for our members.

• Folks, it is beyond unsafe, it is Dangerous and can lead to an accident. My video will show the results of modifying the Stock Backup Display for Driving. Extensive testing discovered this condition and I am recommending that no one modify the Stock Backup Display for Driving!!! The Backup Display and Camera are integrated into the ECM and part of the condition is to activate the Rev Limiter that we all experience as the Stutter when we try to go to fast in reverse. When we modify the display for driving, we are fooling the ECM for a while, but it will discover that there are some conditions that are not normal and put the engine in a shutdown mode. In traffic conditions this could lead to an accident in that you can not accelerate, the Slingshot just slowly comes to a stop with no control on your part. DO NOT MODIFY THE BACKUP CAMERA FOR DRIVING!

Thanks @samowens44 this was an extension of what I was looking for. It would be better to not replace and just let the trans. switch fail in the safe position. The switch is almost impossible to change from the bottom with the Welter Exhaust, you have to pull the console to get to it from the top so I was told by the service manager. He has already changed one on my SS. As long as I do not have a problem I am just going to leave the switch alone.

• @FunCycleLet me clarify the Rev Switch. There is no problem with putting a switch on the dash or wherever, it is not a problem with causing a problem. It is when you apply the full mod of bring in the Clutch switch to mod. If you put a switch in place of the reverse switch due to it is bad, you will not experience any driving problems as you will not be able to drive more than 15 mph. But I must say, if you are traveling down the highway at 65 mph, and push the display switch, you will loose power and not be able to accelerate as I have described, but when you depress the switch again to take the Rev Limit condition off, all will come back to normal. It is still a formula for problems. You must know all about the switch and how it will effect your driving functions if you install it.
    I want to say, no modifications to any feature that leads into the ECM is my advice from now on is don't connect anything that has an ECM Appearance. That goes for the Rev Switch.

• @FunCycleLet me clarify the Rev Switch. There is no problem with putting a switch on the dash or wherever, it is not a problem with causing a problem. It is when you apply the full mod of bring in the Clutch switch to mod. If you put a switch in place of the reverse switch due to it is bad, you will not experience any driving problems as you will not be able to drive more than 15 mph. But I must say, if you are traveling down the highway at 65 mph, and push the display switch, you will loose power and not be able to accelerate as I have described, but when you depress the switch again to take the Rev Limit condition off, all will come back to normal. It is still a formula for problems. You must know all about the switch and how it will effect your driving functions if you install it.
    I want to say, no modifications to any feature that leads into the ECU is my advice from now on is don't connect anything that has an ECU Appearance. That goes for the Rev Switch.

And that is why it will stay right where it is at even though I know how to use it.