LOOKING FOR

• Only way is to replace it with an aftermarket double-din. I think I saw you in other posts, but there are no double-din waterproof stereos yet

I just 2 weeks ago decided to replace my 2016 SL Infotainment with a Pioneer. Got a basic double din (no DVD/CD/GPS/Apple/Android), but gave me all the stock features (AM/FM/Aux/Bluetooth/USB/BackUp Camera) and I even got being able to use the back up cam full time as a rear view mirror for less than $300 total including mounting kit. (You can go check my How To: Pioneer thread for more info.) Used stock speakers and didn't cut any stock wiring, although I did have to run new camera RCA cable.

There are folks who have upgraded to the 2018+ Ride Command in a 2015-2017, but that's a really expensive and hard way to do it. (It requires modifications to the dash.)

Search for some threads and you'll find lots more info.

• I replaced my OEM radio on my 17 SL with a JVC head unit. I now have 7" touch screen, plus all the other bells & whistles. I love it, but like @chavey2 said...it is not waterproof. If this is of concern to you then I would highly recommed this Sony unit. It is not waterproof, but I watched a review with it being sprayed with water and it looked like it had no effect on it's operation.

For me, being waterproof wasn't a huge factor. I did make a plexiglass cover to help if I happen to get stuck in the rain.

Here is my setup....Stereo Setup

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• I've had a lot of interest in radio harnesses in general and running from the dash to under the passenger seat. I just happen to have one specifically for ride command. I've been testing a few different configurations of things, but is solid.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• No problem at all. It's an Android 10.1" headunit. I only needed the slingmods harness for aftermarket headunits and the double din install kit. I ordered a $10 front camera because the rear camera that comes with it has built in software to flip the image and didn't work as a front camera. I needed one that didnt flip the image. Everything else works fine and it works just like any Android phone. I like the front camera option, ability to forward through songs, have GPS, and ability to download any Android app i want. Here Is a link to the headunit.

ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1532398662&sr=8-14&keywords=Android 10.1#customerReviews

Read the reviews. The bad ones are really not bad reviews. I also paid the $15 for 4 year warranty because I wasn't sure how it would perform in the open but have had no issues in the months i have had it.

• No problem at all. It's an Android 10.1" headunit. I only needed the slingmods harness for aftermarket headunits and the double din install kit. I ordered a $10 front camera because the rear camera that comes with it has built in software to flip the image and didn't work as a front camera. I needed one that didnt flip the image. Everything else works fine and it works just like any Android phone. I like the front camera option, ability to forward through songs, have GPS, and ability to download any Android app i want. Here Is a link to the headunit.

ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1532398662&sr=8-14&keywords=Android 10.1#customerReviews

Read the reviews. The bad ones are really not bad reviews. I also paid the $15 for 4 year warranty because I wasn't sure how it would perform in the open but have had no issues in the months i have had it.

Thank you!!!

so this headunit + slingmod harness + double din kit (assuming its standard double din or a specific one?)

Were you able to toggle back and forth to the front and rear camera freely?

• yep. Just make sure you get the harness for your car (with or without backup camera). I also got the din kit that didnt involve taking the dash apart. It can be stolen but I never park outside my garage. If you look at my screen, the top left touchscreen says dvr....the app lets you edit these so I changed it to "camera" and I can view my front camera at the push of a button. The rear still only comes on when in reverse but there are threads on here to tell you how to get it to come on when you want.

• Does it detach?

Thief: "yes".

Seriously though, that is impressive. I'm not as paranoid as some and if you're at your home court every night I would think the risk is minimal. A "protected by 2nd amendment" sticker on both sides of the tunnel should cover it.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)