How to construct a GPS Sun Visor

• Anyone that has mounted a GPS on their Dash has most likely found that during daylight conditions of bright sun, the glare on screen makes it difficult to see. I did some research to find the best place to mount the GPS for least Glare effect I found it to be low and below the Driver Side Rear View Mirror. I also found that a Visor or Hood over and around the GPS helped to shield most conditions of Sun Glare. I decided to construct my own GPS Visor the way I wanted it to work for me. I also use a Magic Arm for holding the GPS clamped to the Arm of the Rear View Mirror. The Magic Arm allows for the right position to be achieved and will allow tilting under conditions to improve the Visibility under otherwise Glare conditions without the tilt. I will post two videos to show the mounting, and the GPS Construction of Visor. You will find building your own accessories will lead to skills to build other items you find useful. Try it.
    Go to Amazon and search Magic Arm get the 11" model with Clamp. You will also need to modify to GoPro Base Mounts together to attache to Magic Arm. I will include another video that will show how to construct the GoPro modified base. It is part of my Dash Cam Mounting video. You may come up with a better mount explore and create. Good Luck!

This Video was designed to show how to construct a Dash Cam Mounting System. You will see how to construct the Double GoPro Mounts together as part of the video, watch for that part to help with mounting your GPS to the Magic Arm. There Screw on Bases you can get to attach to the Magic Arm. I will help with material ordering if you can not find them.

• @samowens44 there are over 300 magic arms available on Amazon. Can you give us a detailed description of what you used including the type of clamp? Also, would there be an option for a threaded screw mount into the GPS itself? I'd like to do this and thanks for your innovation and dedication to the Slingshot community!

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

• @SlingLow, here is a link to Amazon for the 11" Magic Arm with Clam. I suggest getting a couple. That way you could mount a camera for front view and one for a rear view. They are very handy for all types of uses. Your imagination is the only limitation. I am also going to give a link to a screw on Base that you can mount at some point. Also the mount base to make your two mounts as shown in video. I attached links to other useful products that will help you project. Good Luck, it is fun to make your own accessories and you may find a better way to construct it, please share with the forum.

ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531494492&sr=8-1&keywords=magic arm with clamp

ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• @samowens44 there are over 300 magic arms available on Amazon. Can you give us a detailed description of what you used including the type of clamp? Also, would there be an option for a threaded screw mount into the GPS itself? I'd like to do this and thanks for your innovation and dedication to the Slingshot community!

You can purchase stick on GoPro Bases at Walmart or Best Buy, they make flat and curved. I just take the Stick on Base and connected my special double mount base to both the arm and the GPS Unit. I did not find a screw in mount as you would like. You may be able to construct something that you can stick to the back of GPS. Below I have given a list of links to products that will be just what you need to start your project. I got the construction base Material from Hobby Lobby, it is a hard material and has stood up well. One change you may want to make is the joint connection of the base should be place under the visor part to create a stronger unit. With my unit the joint is exposed to stress without any added strength around it. It did come apart I had to place a reinforcement inside at the joint.