Insulate the cup holders

• Now all of the folks that have owned their Slingshots for a while have noticed how hot the cup holders can get and warm your drink quickly. Now this idea will not eliminate the heat totally, but will slow down the effects somewhat better than not using this suggestion. It does help and is easy to do. Enough talk, sit back, get comfortable, it's Show Time!

• I used the soft koozie method on both cupholders. I was able to slide on the koozie the full way, then folded the upper lip back to put on some glue, then folded it all back over. Didn't use any petroleum jelly at all. I was underneath the SS just the other day and noted that they hadn't moved at all.

I also bought one of the SSO Center Arm Rest Pads. Well, when it came, it still had the center cup holder foams where they had just routered around, even with sticky glue on the bottom. I cut those down and put them in the bottom of the cupholders themselves. Cups now stay cold - ambient air temp is bigger problem now.

• I used the soft koozie method on both cupholders. I was able to slide on the koozie the full way, then folded the upper lip back to put on some glue, then folded it all back over. Didn't use any petroleum jelly at all. I was underneath the SS just the other day and noted that they hadn't moved at all.

I also bought one of the SSO Center Arm Rest Pads. Well, when it came, it still had the center cup holder foams where they had just routered around, even with sticky glue on the bottom. I cut those down and put them in the bottom of the cupholders themselves. Cups now stay cold - ambient air temp is bigger problem now.

Chavey2, thanks for sharing your way of adding the full size koozie to the back cup holder. You have given others another way of improving the insulation for the cup holder at the back. What we have done will help more than doing nothing. Our drinks stay cooler longer.