New Members Mark User Map Location

• have found if you edit your profile in any way, you will loose your map location and have to re-inter it. Let's all be aware of this and check our map location under the map button to be sure we are still marked. I hope the administrators will look at this bug.

The map wants you to pick from the closest thing IT has for your address.

My address is 588 County Rd 93 Haleyville AL 35565

If I type that in it will not work. As I type it it will narrow it down to this address.

160-798 County Rd 93, Haleyville, AL 35565, USA

MY ONLY GUESS as to why the map does this has to be a "GPS lat and lon thing.

So if you edit your address in your profile after you set the pin in the map it will remove the address from the map.

Best to go to the map and set the pin and agree to what it finds. However some addresses are ok when you type them. So give it a try before you drop a pin to the closest location to your home.

• I have corrected my Browser name usage in my previous Post, from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge. This is the latest Browser for Microsoft Computer. I don't know about Apple or any other computer. This is all in reference to finding the Map Button on the different Browsers for Computer and Hand Held Devices. We all need to view the Member Map Location for us to see who lives close to us for getting together for Group Events.

Thanks for showing that, now I see that I was not logged in on Microsoft Edge. I believe we have brought this out well enough. Folks should be able to use this discussion to help find their Map locations and they need to know they must log in to see it. Good Point and good reason.

• Thanks for showing that, now I see that I was not logged in on Microsoft Edge. I believe we have brought this out well enough. Folks should be able to use this discussion to help find their Map locations and they need to know they must log in to see it. Good Point and good reason.

No problem. I am always here if y'all need me. I have to check all these things out when y'all mention them.... I want it running smooth....... :thumbup:

• I am saying if you edit your profile, like add or change to your custom header, hobbies, or other profile info, you have to re enter your map location as part of your profile. Try adding or changing something other that the location and see if your location stays. Mine goes away every time.

• @rabtech...I don't think this is just this forum related on my machine. It seems to be this way on other forums and a lot of video on my news channel comes up with a fair amount of error messages on them as well. I had this happen a long time ago and I think I had to go back in time and do a reinstall to get rid of the problem. Sometimes I really hate computer programmers, they don't seem to understand their own screw up's.

• @War Hoop, requested me to produce a video to help with marking our map with his location. Members, I will always respond to request for Video. I do what I do for you!! Now all have no excuse for not marking your locations.
    There are other ways to access the Map Location Edit, I had to pick one that would be easy to follow. All can share the ways that work for you to help our members accomplish this important feature of our Forum. I wished the administrators would move the map button close to member button for better view on all Browsers.

Slingshotinfo Forum User Map Location Edit Procedure.mp4 - Google Drive

• Now all members should go to their Profile section and click on User Map and check to see if their Location has been updated. Here is the video again if you have trouble finding it of how to edit your location. Remember, only Members have access to view you location. Guest do not even see the Map Button. @rabtech had guarded us well, he knows the value we place on our privacy. Hey but we are family and want to meet each other, so this is a great way to do it. We only have 17.7 % of our Members with Locations Marked. We have some work to do. Rabtech is in the process of making our Map button more visible to all browsers by moving it to the Build Location at the Page Banner. Now take time to view the video and mark your location if you see the info below on your profile for the User Map Location.

• Ok, I rearranged the menu. I pushed the "members" tab on out of the way.. I moved the "donations" out toward the end as well. I also moved the "Builds" section out toward the end. I moved the "For sale" and the "map" closer. Those should show up now under any reasonable resolution.

Thanks for all your efforts, this may lead members to the map page and enter their location. I just checked my IPad and Map button is visible now. Yellow symbol has all other buttons not visible.

• I have been watching the User Map for more folks to post their Location and to my surprise, it has not change from 338 members and 17.6 % of our members. I was hoping my thread would give members the knowledge to mark their location. I will ask again, check you user map location by method shown in post above, if it show user has not configured Location, then go through the steps in this video to mark your location. The importance of this that others close to you may want to contact you for a Meet N Ride. You may have a lot of members very close to you.

Video Link Below: