New Members Mark User Map Location

• All members will like to see how close other members are located. Please take the time to click on the link below and use the edit button to the right to enter your location on the map. Use the + button in lower right to zoom in on the map. Drag map to desired area and zoom some more. You can click on a location close to your true location if you do not want to show your true location. You can move your location if needed by using the same Edit button. If you have a balloon location marker, you can drag it to the location you want to change to. We can use this to help organize local group rides. Let's use the map to ride together. Look me up near the Cleveland and Helen Ga area. Samowens44

After editing your Profile, it is a good idea to check you Map Location, sometime when you edit some elements it will cause it to go away. When I did changed my Avatar photo I had to re-enter my location.
    http://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?user-map/

Edited 3 times, last by samowens44: Found an issue with editing profile and loosing map location entry. Have to re submit everytime you edit your profile. ().

• For those that don't click on the link, here is a view of how the member locations show up with red balloon markers. Last check, only 17% of our members have taken the time to mark their location. Now if you want to be private with your true location, mark an area that is close to where you live. Remember to click the save button at the bottom of the page to record your selection. Now hope this will cause the 17% tally to go up. Oh, by the way, when you click on a balloon, it will display the members user name.

• When you visit the User Map Page, look at the bottom of page for Statistics and watch this number grow as our members get on board to mark their Locations. Also complete your Profile with information you are willing to share. Remember, we can use the Calendar to organize group rides for members in our areas.

Take a look as of now!

• Folks are entering their Map Locations, check the stats. Oh, by the way, all members should click on the Map Button at the top of forum to check out that their map locations is still entered. I have found every time I edit my profile, I loose my map location and have to re enter. Administrators may want to check on this issue to see why.

Look at how we are doing!

• @War Hoop I'm not to good with computers myself but I'll try to help
    If you look at the header where it says dashboard forum etc.. The last icon on right is it
    (Kinda yellowish) it will give options for gallery ,map,wanted/for sale
    Hope this helps

• @War Hoop I'm not to good with computers myself but I'll try to help
    If you look at the header where it says dashboard forum etc.. The last icon on right is it
    (Kinda yellowish) it will give options for gallery ,map,wanted/for sale
    Hope this helps

I can click on it but I can't see the map. Can't see video here either. I think an update on my puter had a FU on it so until another update comes along to unfuck what they fucked up I am fucked.

• I'll make you a deal Sam... you do a video showing me how to fix my computer so it will show the map and I'll put myself on that map that I can't see now.

War Hoop, I think I know the problem you are having of not viewing the map. I bet this problem is stopping a lot of folks from completing their map location. I access our Forum website using Google Chrome Browser. When you use Google Chrome Browser you see the Map button in the button banner below the maque picture. If you use Microsoft Edge, you do not see the Map button, so you can not view the map. This also holds true with my Ipad. When I use my Ipad I can not see the map button. I hope @rabtech with take this issue up and explore how to make the Map Button appear on all browsers. This may be a big reason for so low map updates for our members. Thanks for bring this to my attention War Hoop. Now you know what you have to do, Download Google Chrome and start using it to access our Slingshotinfo Website. You also miss how many views a thread has unless you use Google Chrome.

Ok folks all should start using Google Chrome Browser on a computer to see our full Website features. Do not use Internet Explorer, the bit "E"

Here is what you see on the different Browsers:

Google Chrome Home Page

Microsoft Edge The Big "E" Browser

I'll make you a deal Sam... you do a video showing me how to fix my computer so it will show the map and I'll put myself on that map that I can't see now.

• Thanks @DER, found the little symbol and do see gallery, and map along with the other buttons. I am sure this will help others that have not found the Map Button. I did the same thing on the Internet Explorer and do not see the Map button. For the people that do not see where we are talking, look just to the right of Calendar/Events button and the yellow symbol is the location to click for additional buttons.

• Goggle, foggle, crappy chrome can suck my ass. No way I will use it.

What browser are you using? If it is the Microsoft Edge, I do not see the Map button any where, so I am out of options to help you if Google Smoogle Doogle is a bad taste for you. Good luck, maybe someone else can help. I did find out, you must be logged in to see the Map Button.

• I have corrected my Browser name usage in my previous Post, from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge. This is the latest Browser for Microsoft Computer. I don't know about Apple or any other computer. This is all in reference to finding the Map Button on the different Browsers for Computer and Hand Held Devices. We all need to view the Member Map Location for us to see who lives close to us for getting together for Group Events.

• I can get to the map on every browser.

Where the map button is depends on your displays resolution. If you look at my screenshots I never see a yellow dropdown at the end of the menu list.
    Also , (even though this is not the problem in this particular issue) If you are not logged in you will not have access to the map feature.
    The reason I do not let non-members see the map is because the search engines will spider it and I just didn't want that map page in a search engine. We already have a ton of info that is spidered.

Google Chrome
    Internet Explorer 11
    Microsoft Edge
    Safari
    Firefox

Microsoft Edge

Internet Explorer 11

Safari

Firefox

Chrome