“Welter FSX” available for purchase

• Just installed my FSX.

This is what came in the box. I called Angie and was desperate for this exhaust and they got it made in one week! I should have ceramic coated everything but no time!

• Of course instructions are not included..... but you really don’t need them. I just held the cat delete in place on the muffler and carried it over to the Sling and the position for spring attachment was very clear.

Cat delete pipe:

• Putting the springs on to the Cat Delete and muffler took some muscle. (I hope that the guy who borrowed my spring puller is happy!) I strongly suggest getting a spring puller to make this easier!

Once together, I inserted the muffler into the opening and immediately took it back out, flipped it upside down and it rolled into place! It was much easier to insert the cat pipe first and roll the unit into place.... piece of cake!
    Started the three provided header bolts to hang the unit roughly into place.

• Springs, bolts, gasket ring are all provided.
    Three springs on the muffler. With the header bolts just started I connect the bottom spring. You can access through the exit hole or just reach under. With the unit loose, this was connected using a pair of needle nose pliers..
    Then, I tightened the header bolts, (Don’t forget the gasket before even starting the bolts)
    I then connected the remaining two top springs.
    Done with the major part!

Here is the unit with cat pipe installed and the makeshift spring puller I used:

Proud SOG Member!

Edited 2 times, last by Painter ().

• So I took it back off and am going to install the Alpha hole trim and run it like that until I decide what I want to do.
    Impressions:
    1. Mine was a “rush job” and everything was bare. I don’t know what regular kits will look like.
    2. Everything is provided for installation.... a big plus!
    I think a new trim ring should be included along with a template to cut the exit hole for those not replacing an Alpha.... and I think there will be several! @angie@WP
    3. I ran the Sling with the resonator and the sound is......... well..... simply AWESOME! Because I can’t have the resonator sticking out, I took it off and ran the sling. It reminds me of the Bassinni. A little threatening but still kinda what I wanted.
    I will take her out on the road tomorrow and give you a sound clip without the resonator. Those keeping the resonator, it sticks out about 10” but the sound is awesome!

• After removing the Alpha, the entire install took me 30 minutes. The muffler tail lined up perfect With the original Alpha hole. The spring retention system is solid and movement is where it is needed.

• Nice job @Painter I cant wait to hear this without the resonator... looking to go this direction when or if the Alpha side takes a CRAP. Any pics of the side with the resonator off??...just to get more of an idea on how to proceed. I have @Slingrazor nice mandrel bend w/V-Band pointing to the ground. I might take the same approach or a large 3" open look.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Nice job @Painter I cant wait to hear this without the resonator... looking to go this direction when or if the Alpha side takes a CRAP. Any pics of the side with the resonator off??...just to get more of an idea on how to proceed. I have @Slingrazor nice mandrel bend w/V-Band pointing to the ground. I might take the same approach or a large 3" open look.

• The muffler tail just enters the metal Alpha ring. I’m safe running without any tail piece as the metal protects the tub from heat. I have about 3/8” clearance at the closest point.

• Thanks @Painter hmmmm this is going to take some thought....wish that resonator was about half that length with a cover the same radios up to the black plastic.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Thanks @Painter hmmmm this is going to take some thought....wish that resonator was about half that length with a cover the same radios up to the black plastic.

Me too! If it were shorter I could live with that. Cutting the pipe off the resonator and welding on a slip over with a clamp ... then it would only hang out 6”. That wouldn’t look so bad.