Loose screws....and it’s not in my head this time!

• So I was cleaning the SS this morning and found a couple loose screws on the passenger seat. They are on the lower seat back. Anyone have an issue with this? They appear to have a nut on the opposite end that you can’t access and they can’t tighten.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Several have had that problem...

Most are caused by the screw being threaded into an extended plastic nipple of the seat and the nipple breaking from the seat.

If OEM seats and still under warranty, free replacement...

But, you still get seats with screws attached to extended nipples...

Kinda like watching a replay expecting different results.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I had that happen on one of the new velocity seats that i bought from my Polaris dealer. It was almost 1 1/2 years old and they took pictures and sent in a request to Polaris to cover it under warranty. It just so happened that they also had one with the same issue on that seat which was factory installed. Polaris replaced both sets of seats under warranty. Even though I bought mine cash and carry, my dealer had me swing by and they did the replacement for me at no charge. Even though only one of the 4 pieces has issues, Polaris send a full pair of seats so the material matched. Polaris has done me right covering whatever was remotely their fault even after the basic 24 months have expired

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So I was cleaning the SS this morning and found a couple loose screws on the passenger seat. They are on the lower seat back. Anyone have an issue with this? They appear to have a nut on the opposite end that you can’t access and they can’t tighten.

Try squirting some JBWeld into the hole and allowing it to harden before redrilling the screw hole so the threads can cut new grooves. Hopefully, the JBWeld will resist just spinning around inside the seat and allow a firm reattachment.
    Another possible solution is to place a thin sheet of aluminum across the hole and anchor it on both sides of the hole and then use a properly sized hole thru the aluminum to allow the screw to re-establish its grip in the aluminum strip.

• It's not stripped, the boss has actually broken away from the rest of the plastic seat frame. You'd have to reglue it in place, then reinforce it with JB weld to secure it from braking loose again. Or just ask Polaris to send you new seats under warranty

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It's not stripped, the boss has actually broken away from the rest of the plastic seat frame. You'd have to reglue it in place, then reinforce it with JB weld to secure it from braking loose again. Or just ask Polaris to send you new seats under warranty

That is so true most likely you have more of the tabs broken it happens when they are overtighten at the Polaris assembly plant. My dealer replaced them. Use the search feature I posted a fix that worked very well until i got the seats replaced.

• That is so true most likely you have more of the tabs broken it happens when they are overtighten at the Polaris assembly plant. My dealer replaced them. Use the search feature I posted a fix that worked very well until i got the seats replaced.

My point was to use the JBWeld inside the seat back or securing the aluminum strip to the outside of the seat back to form a new means of screwing the seat in place.

• HI I know what you are saying all but two of the bolts are broken on mine. I took mine to the dealership where we got it from, the first thing came out of his mouth was so you were you try to take the seat out. I said no. Then he said well it is out of warranty so you will have to buy one did not even call Polaris to see if this was a problem. So I am waiting for the new one arrive

• Known problem. Crap design.

Replacement seat will be same crap.

Plastic nipple from seat back protrudes into seat frame.

Retaining screw threads into nipple. Nipple breaks off from seat back.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: