Guys/ Gals with digital Volt meter

• Ok. For those that have been helping me with this battery issue, today I disconnected the Digital Dawg Keyless start to rule that out. I first measured volts at my jump post and it was 14.2. I then put the key in and turned it on. 3.2 showed up on digital volt meter in Slingshot. Redlight start button barely came on and of course nothing when I pushed it. Any ideas. It is under warranty so that’s no issue but I would like to have some knowledge as to what may be happening so I won’t get BS’d at the dealer.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas

• Thats impossible! if you measured 14 volts at the jump port which is conected directly to the battery and only 3.2 showed up when you turned on the key ...tho ONLY way that could happen is if the main power wire going to the fuse box is bad.

You may have a bad battery but there is something else going on with that sling! Mark my words!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I was thinking you had the rear jumper posts.

When you were checking the voltage with the meter where did you have the negative lead grounded?

Sounding more like a loose/faulty ground connection now that I have seen the videos.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Haven’t checked the starter connections yet. Will do tomorrow. This thing has me totally puzzled. Which is easy because I’m not very proficient with electrical issues.

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas

• First I want to thank all of you for your ideas and thoughts about my problem. When it comes to electrical issues I’m very limited on knowledge. I took the battery in and got tested. When I removed battery I checked voltage on the battery posts. 14.2. When they tested battery it was so dead under load he couldn’t print the replace battery ticket. Had to hook a booster to it. So, new battery installed and everything back to normal. I also got a new Battery Tender just in case there were any issues with the old one. This last battery only lasted a little over 4 months so hopefully nothing is “eating my battery”. Time will tell.
    Thank you all again. The knowledge here is unbelievable.

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas