Slingshade is a bust!

• Not trying to make excuses for Polaris, but considering the weight restraints they are under with the SlingShot, are they maybe trying to get a too sophisticated look using too light of materials?
    Bill

From what I have read those weight restraints are set by Polaris and I think there trying to cut their own throats with them. Once word gets out that it's a shitty product no one will want to buy it, and that's just what's happening.

I just look @ it like this.. someone from Polaris should know all the details of machine in & out. There engineers should know what will work or won’t with proto types , trial & error before pushing out to the public premature and having issues. Once you get a bad rap, it’s hard to recover...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• How much money should have Polaris spent performing how many tests over how many miles over how many years before releasing their "perfect" product to the public, just asking..............?

I am personally incapable of perfection so how can I expect it from somebody else?

Also, personally, I am much happier riding my lesser expensive, if somewhat flawed, SlingShot today rather than waiting how many years and paying tens of thousands of dollars more to get a "perfect" one..............................

Bill

• I agree to a point...I think I would feel better knowing that they didn't use us the owners as their testing grounds...for us to find the flaws and the fixes then integrate those fixes into the new product but not taking care of the people who bought them first. Rush the damn thing to production and we will test it...but when a problem is found...STAND BEHIND IT AND TAKE CARE OF US!
    If we have to settle for inferior then they should settle for fixing it!!

just my 2 cents

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• That is right here taken directly from Kev's post:
    "So when you work the equation backwards, Polaris,s certifies they don't exceed the 2200 lb maximum by carrying two passengers at the required standard of 175 = 350 lbs , 60 LBS for fuel and 40 lbs for luggage, (this can be actual luggage or options or extra belly fat exceeding 175 lbs) which leaves an empty weight (curb weight) of 1750 lbs. So there you have the reason Polaris will always be limited to 1750 lbs curb weight."

Bill

I'm mostly talking about the weigh limit of the slingshot. That's mostly self imposed by Polaris as I understand it.

Only the empty curb weight of 1750 is self imposed, the F.M.V.S.S. ONLY regulate the GVWR of 2,200 lbs So as long as Polaris wants to call it a two seater, not a single seater, they have to deduct from 2200, Two standardized adult weights of 350 and 60 lbs for fuel . so that leaves 1790 and no allowance for luggage and belly fat so Polaris wants to stay at 1750 Lbs empty weight to give themselves 40 pounds of leeway for luggage.

• Only the empty curb weight of 1750 is self imposed, the F.M.V.S.S. ONLY regulate the GVWR of 2,200 lbs So as long as Polaris wants to call it a two seater, not a single seater, they have to deduct from 2200, Two standardized adult weights of 350 and 60 lbs for fuel . so that leaves 1790 and no allowance for luggage and belly fat so Polaris wants to stay at 1750 Lbs empty weight to give themselves 40 pounds of leeway for luggage.

OK now I understand, they have to turn out a crappy top because of weigh restrictions. I sure hope that works out for them.

• Only the empty curb weight of 1750 is self imposed, the F.M.V.S.S. ONLY regulate the GVWR of 2,200 lbs So as long as Polaris wants to call it a two seater, not a single seater, they have to deduct from 2200, Two standardized adult weights of 350 and 60 lbs for fuel . so that leaves 1790 and no allowance for luggage and belly fat so Polaris wants to stay at 1750 Lbs empty weight to give themselves 40 pounds of leeway for luggage.

If that's the case, some of us are REALLY screwed :(:(:(

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @War Hoop man I almost pissed my pants laughing there !

I know what Polaris problem is now. When Goldwing shut their plant in USA and went back to Japan they left behind many engineers. Polaris must of hired those engineers because they think all people are fat. Goldwing rides like a lumber wagon with someone who weighs in at 177, that's why I sold my wing. These guys seem to think everyone in America weighs in at 350 lbs. They also like to brag about how the goldwing has more parts than their cars do. No wonder they took goldwing back to Japan and left the engineers here.

• UPDATE:

Went to the dealer to pick up my SS and take it home until the new slingshade comes in and the service rep let me see 2 SS with the shade on them. Both of them installed much more in alignment than mine. We both agreed that I just had a bad build on mine. We'll see how it goes when they install the new one in another 8-10 business days.

• UPDATE:

Went to the dealer to pick up my SS and take it home until the new slingshade comes in and the service rep let me see 2 SS with the shade on them. Both of them installed much more in alignment than mine. We both agreed that I just had a bad build on mine. We'll see how it goes when they install the new one in another 8-10 business days.

Home it all goes great sir.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Top...……..no top...………..I just wear a hat...…. Get them free from my employer

I have to agree - my wife hates the sun, but even so whenever I mention getting a top she tells me no. Always says "if you wanted a top why the heck would you get a slingshot?"

And when I think about it I have to admit she is right - even though I will be riding in 110 degree weather almost every single day until mid September at the soonest I have to admit I love the openness and a top, any top would take away from that.

I will not rule it out as something that will never happen, but I would say the odds are not in favor of it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies