my Slingshot died today

• Just buy a flooded group 26 (?) battery. $60-$90. Replace as necessary. You're not off-roading this or tipping it upside down are you? @mniron care to ring in?

okay - right now I have the new MC style battery, but next time a group 26 might be a good option. So I assume I will need an adapter to hold it since my sling came with the smaller battery - will the adapters that are billed as being for the optima work for aregular battery?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• okay - right now I have the new MC style battery, but next time a group 26 might be a good option. So I assume I will need an adapter to hold it since my sling came with the smaller battery - will the adapters that are billed as being for the optima work for aregular battery?

I'm wondering the same thing. I believe SSO has a non-optima upgrade battery tray. I'll probably do that one. haven't looked at AllThingsSlingshot yet. A tray will be required to secure a larger battery without a sophisticated bungee system.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• okay - right now I have the new MC style battery, but next time a group 26 might be a good option. So I assume I will need an adapter to hold it since my sling came with the smaller battery - will the adapters that are billed as being for the optima work for aregular battery?

No, not at least very well. The adapters for the Optima are circle based to fit like a clover around the bottom of the battery. The clamp is made to go between the cells. See link below...

Polaris Slingshot Optima Large Battery Box Upgrade

• No, not at least very well. The adapters for the Optima are circle based to fit like a clover around the bottom of the battery. The clamp is made to go between the cells. See link below...
    Polaris Slingshot Optima Large Battery Box Upgrade

Unless you are a cheep ass like myself then a bungee cord works quite well

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I would like to share something else in regards to my recent service experience. when I bought my Slingshot I bought the extended service contract that my dealer recommended. it was not from polaris, but instead it was from Western Service Contract. I must admit that at the time I was not sure it wasnt a waste of money - some years back we had a bad experience with a service contract.

Anyway they did all of the work on my slingshot and the main problem was the battery so that wasnt covered and the other work was recall work so I didnt need the extended warranty for that either. The one thing I did need was rental car coverage which the contract said it would reimburse - - The dealer told me that they didnt deal with this and I would have to apply for it on my own. Well last week I emailed a copy of the repair order and the car rental contract to Western and to be honest I was expecting to have to argue - I was just expecting the worst

well today without any argument I received a check for $240 from Western to cover my car rental - this is the maximum allowed in the contract and only $12 less that what the rental actually cost after all of the taxes

needless to say I am very happy with Western and how easily they were to deal with - - - I am starting to think the extended contract was a good idea after all

• oh and for the "pictures or it didnt happen" people

• Now we know your real name! Lol

yep, you know my name and my address - - not something I worry about.

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Couple of us from Indiana/Illinois may be on our way out to stock you...

Stock? or did you mean stalk?

either was it doesnt matter, come on out I'll buy lunch

but be warned - it was 121 degrees today

• I am thrilled they paid for your rental but surprised since the work being done was not under warranty The Polaris also allows for a rental but I think it reads if the work is covered under the warranty.