Scalloped tire

• Its not cheap...I thought the same thing when I first got my sling but when I heard the price and saw how it was done I abandoned that thought fast. Maybe they have come down by now but highly doubtful.

Please let me know their response.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• For me to drive to Niles is about 100 miles, much closer than phillie

I really like the fundamental idea of how this system works....it doesn’t matter if your tires are new or old.

I can imagine $$$$ because of the machined spindle mounts and individual lasers...

• Just because they have the equipment from true laser trac, doesn't make them good at using it. Some dealers are skipping important steps and hurrying through it just to collect the money. Unless you have a good feel for handling you may not notice the difference on a very slight adjustment. I had the inventor, Mike from laser trac do mine, it was driving good when I first went to him but wanted to have it done after the recall of steering rack. I could actually feel less drag on a slow roll through the steering wheel after mike was done. I watched him do mine and then I see other dealers doing them and I will go back to Mike again whenever im in his area.

• Ok my tires are not set at the recommended pressure. But I also added the QA1 shocks, heavier sway bar and adjustable links and the dealer changed my steering rack late last year under warranty.

So there have been what I consider many serious changes to the front end parts. Any of these could have put my alignment out of whack. Plus a million potholes.

I got a reply back from true laser track contents of the email are here.

Started selling SS systems 2/10/ 2015 and as of2/15/18
    59 Dealers in
    29 USA States
    1 Canada

#1: The complete Slingshot Hub Mounted True Laser Track laser alignment system will be $1625.00 + freight
    System includes 2: mandrels; 2: hub mounted adapters; 4: targets with target weights; 2: lasers; 2: laser cradles, 2: tape measures and 2 shop clothes in a large polished aluminum diamond plate case, with 2 : 7 inch diamond plate ride height blocks
    Here’s a sneak peak:
    http://www.spydercomfort.com/slingshotdealers.htm

#2: At the low-end rate of $120 per alignment, your return on investment is less than 14 alignments before enjoying PURE PROFIT with a *LIFETIME GUARANTEE

#3: This is 15+ years of Patented and Proven NASCAR technology…adapted to the CanAm Spyder in 2013(a) and the Slingshot in 2015.
    #4:*Guaranteed for LIFE …all parts made in the USA & hand assembled at our facility for perfect accuracy (b)
    #5: This laser system aligns to the rear wheel and the contact patch of the tires….NOT to the frame as the factory does…and that factory align is NOT accurate enough NOR correct “toe” wise
    #6: This “revolutionary patented” laser system will forever change the way your service department does aligns…a proper and complete laser align can be done in 30 minutes or less ( once the work area is set up)
    #7: This laser system is a PERFECT CUSTOMER SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
    #8: Phone support from our facility for any questions or concerns…we are only a phone call away
    #9: Sales kit comes with completelaser system, and written instructions on secret pages our website www.spydercomfort.com (you will get passwords once you buy)
    #10: We offer MM OR INCH scales with your target system

(a) For NASCAR proven technology check out: www.truelasertrack.com
    (b) The True Laser Track System is guaranteed for life…(with gentle usage, warranty does not cover abuse or damage to the system nor does the
    warranty apply to the lasers or the laser batteries)
    We have not had a chance to film an instructional DVD for the Slingshot process but it is JUST like the Spyder ( the only difference is when it comes to the math part on the calculator the numbers are different)…but check this out:
    Y Tube: http://youtu.be/3lKAAeqxo-E
    Thank you for your interest, Kristal
    TRUE LASER TRACK
    Patented Laser System for CanAm SPYDERS, Polaris Slingshots, and all makes and all models of side by sides and 4 X 4 ‘s
    3113 S.Ridgewood Ave
    Edgewater, FL 32141
    Phone: 386-427-8522
    Fax: 386-427-8522
    http://www.spydercomfort.com/slingshotdealers.htm
    sales@spydercomfort.com[/email]

$1700 is kinda steep but considering the machined parts and lasers it’s not real bad. Especially if you could do some alignments to offset the cost.
    Since our toe in is critical and should be checked at least twice In a season it might be worth the investment. I’m seriously considering buying it.

Maybe I could be my dealers alignment guy. Set my own hours. Have the dealer refer me for a slight kick back.

• Because alignments have been an issue for Polaris on the Slingshot, they have sent laser alignment tools to each dealership. The dealerships tools and techniques are probably not as good as the originator listed above, but should get you close so that odd tire wear should not be an issue.

Most dealers are charging around $150 for a laser alignment. Just go to a dealer that has done quite a few and has worked out the learning curve and kinks on someone else's machine.

Or buy one and learn to do it yourself. Either way works...

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• They charge 200.00 to 250.00 here.

• Ok just went through this. If the tires are cupped chuck em. Is the cupping on the inside or outside. The Sling requires .25 toe in. I did a home laser align using a magnetic laser level.

1) parked sling with steering wheel centred and then cargo strapped it in position.
    2) Jacked and removed front wheels and lowered to normal ride height.
    3) Place the mag laser level on the rotor (make sure rotor is pushed inward/flush) and shot a line on the floor and marked it using a drywall cutting straight edge on both sides.
    4) Measure and mark on floor 2 ft. in front and rear of each hub centre on floor (hub centre found by using a plum bob).
    5) At forward and rear 2 ft points measure across and calculate where your align is.

I decided to turn the ball joint so I wouldn't need to bring it in to have the steering centre code cleared.
    At the same time I put 2 new G-Force 2 tires an and all I can say is WOW!
    My alignment was out 1.5" toe out from presumably the dealers techs when they changed out my steering rack last spring.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• I do not understand what you mean when you say turned the ball joint? You disconnected the outer tie rod and turned it?

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I do not understand what you mean when you say turned the ball joint? You disconnected the outer tie rod and turned it?
    SSREAPER

That is correct. I pulled the ball joint bolt after breaking the tie rod jam nuts and turned the ball joint. No problem there because I was shortening the tie rod. (showing fewer threads)

• That is correct. I pulled the ball joint bolt after breaking the tie rod jam nuts and turned the ball joint. No problem there because I was shortening the tie rod. (showing fewer threads)

Thank you for the clarification...and can you tell me why you went that route rather than loosen the jam nuts and turn the inner tie rod? With the steering locked like you say...there is no change to the steering center angle by turning the inner tie rod.

SSREAPER

• Thank you for the clarification...and can you tell me why you went that route rather than loosen the jam nuts and turn the inner tie rod? With the steering locked like you say...there is no change to the steering center angle by turning the inner tie rod.
    SSREAPER

I'm sure if one side requires 2 turns and the other side requires say 3 turns of the tie rod it will set a code for steering angle. Most Laser alignments done at a shop require the digital wrench to clear the code after.

• I'm sure if one side requires 2 turns and the other side requires say 3 turns of the tie rod it will set a code for steering angle. Most Laser alignments done at a shop require the digital wrench to clear the code after.

I did not know that. I can tell you though that when I had Tric Led do my alignment...it was way the hell out. My sling hunted left and right horribly...turned out that my tires were toed out...stupidly.

He went thru the measurements and adjusted using the inner tie rods...and he turned them a lot. The right was far worse than the left. When he was finished he never connected to my computer and I never got a light on. Maybe I just got lucky...but boy what a change it made to the drive ability of that machine. Before the alignment it was a chore to drive...after it became fun!

SSREAPER