Thanks for letting me know about the spam post...

• I actually like Maxine Waters! I want that woman to keep talking and talking and talking being the face of the Democratic Party! She lives about 60 miles away from me in her palatial home and thank goodness I am not in her district. She helps me, on the other side of the fence, more and more each day! You go girl! :D

She can have my round. Did I say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Responding to ALLIN5450 all tongue-in-cheek my friend. Relax

I did not say anything and you did not "ruffle my feathers", LOL
    I thought I was being nice by not responding to the Canadian about their "political system" :00008172::00008356:
    And I agree with you about "Mad Max". I LOVE the new face of the dumbocrat party.

Love, Acceptance, Inclusive, Tolerant. She reflects all the dumbocrats best qualities.
    They should vote her as the "Minority Party Speaker of the House"
    She would love the irony of the name of the title and demand it be changed because it is rasissssss and not all inclusive
    :00008359::00008359::00008359::00008359:

• OK, this thread isn't the best example but I'll take this opportunity anyway.

There's a place for politics here. But Slingshot areas of the forum don't really have anything to do with politics (other than laws and regulations directly related to Slingshots).

The people who insist on bringing politics into unrelated topics are risking driving away Slingshot owners like myself who just want to participate in our hobby and who are tired of topics somehow veering into the political arena. If I went to a presentation about Slingshots, I'd walk out if the topic changed to politics part way through. Threads also have a topic, often something that I'm interested in. I'm glad you have strong political beliefs, but please don't bring your politics into a thread about the Slingshot. Save your opinions for the appropriate areas of this forum out of courtesy for those of us who don't share your enthusiasm or perhaps hold a different view.

I have some experience with this since I'm a moderator on a forum for a particular hobby. Our hobby brings us together from all parts of the world and all walks of life. It's a wonderful opportunity to meet new people that we wouldn't normally meet. :thumbsup:

We ask the users to refrain from politics, religion and other sensitive topics because it needlessly alienates people who otherwise enjoy a common interest in our hobby. We tell them there are LOTS of other forums on the Internet that specialize in those particular topics if that is also one of their areas of interest, but that this forum is about our shared hobby. That policy actually works out very well for us.

@rabtech clearly has a different approach (his forum, his rules), but it would be nice to at least keep the politics confined to an appropriate area so that we can choose to avoid it. Thank you. :thumbup:

• Yes! I do agree with you on that

• I agree that politics need to be in it's own threads. However I usually let 2 or 3 post fly by if I see them. The reason for that is simple.. Most members know that they should NOT be posting political issues or feelings in the middle of a "HOW TO CHANGE A BATTERY" or whatever the topic is suppose to be about... That means most of the time they will just get buried by new on topic posts and life goes on.

If I see or hear from someone that we have a member that just cant help themselves and has to take every thread and try to insert politics into it..... Well lets just say I will reach out and have a private conversation with ya. If that doesn't work I can ban the member , block their IP range, and in general just make the forum off limits.

Most people I have found don't want to make people actually mad. They just want to get under their skin and irritate the other members so that they can practice their debating skills. Like I mentioned above, most of our members just ignore it and it will eventually fall off the bottom and bury itself. That is why I let a few post get by. I call it "self member moderation". It my new way of saying the majority of our members are smart enough to bite the bait....

Im always just a message away if any of you need me to delete or take a look at something on here.

This place is like my digital home. Everyone is welcome till someone takes a poop in the sink. :D

• well, if this was a valid slingshot thread about batteries or anything related to slingshots, i would not have posted what I did.
    And since this thread was making fun of spammers offering fake passports and such, well, it was fun time.....
    I guess irony and fun just flew right over everyones head, but it was fun.
    @rabtech, i am sorry i "professionally derailed" the thread as my moniker states.
    As far as pooping in the sink.....
    Guilty as charged, sorry, i guess i just have a severe case of dumbocrat diarrhea
    like dumbocrats have a mental disorder called Trump Derangement syndrome.
    I can take some medicine to get over mine :00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172:

• Its ok everybody...... I didn't even think twice about it... That is why i was letting it roll on off.

But since it was brought up I just thought it was a good chance to explain why I don't take action immediately. Sometimes its better to sit back and see if the swelling goes down on it's own before you go see the doctor. :D

• Again thanks for the pass and understanding. But boy oh boy tripod would have a field day with this one
    :P

But since it was brought up I just thought it was a good chance to explain why I don't take action immediately. Sometimes its better to sit back and see if the swelling goes down on it's own before you go see the doctor. :D

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Its ok everybody...... I didn't even think twice about it... That is why i was letting it roll on off.

Thanks and I tot....LOOK! A squirrel!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter