Corvette challenge

• Personally I dont care if they got a big blower sticking out of the hood. On a normal day I will run anything that wants too. Win or lose I dont care just love the thrill. Mustangs always seem to want to run. Some I beat some I didn't. Most my loses was because I wasn't thinking they was going to run and just did my normal half quick take off.

I am with you. I lined up beside "The White Beast" at a race track in front of God and everybody. Had a blast!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Hahaha! I was expecting a good run there from a modded SS with turbo/pro-charger!

These things aren't for racing. They are for cruising and looking better than the Vette. :)

I have my EVO for racing.. ;)

• HOWEVER, put us both on a windy mountain road and all bets are off. I've yet to run across one that can hang in a situation where they don't have long ass straightaways to be able to do over the 130, Vette, Crotch rocket, etc..., but there's still another day :whistling:8o .

I believe it was @Cameron Roberts who chased down a rice rocket with a minute or two head start, on the Dragon. If I remember correctly, the bike spent the second half of the video trying to get away, and couldn't.

• I believe it was @Cameron Roberts who chased down a rice rocket with a minute or two head start, on the Dragon. If I remember correctly, the bike spent the second half of the video trying to get away, and couldn't.

This was taking it a tad easy at several times because cheryll was scared I would kill the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• yeah!!! Why is it that everytime my wife is with me I get all the good challenges :( . I have to promise not to go into "warp speed" when she's in the sling with me. :cursing:

• Although new to this forum I've been a member of others - I bought #183 in December of 2014. Mine has been Alpha turbo'd, MRI'd and I'd LOVE to know how you do anything but spin when hitting it hard or even hard-ish. I have a Nitto 555 on the back but it barely made a difference and I'm only running 6 lbs though I have a two-bar tune. Is it a matter of a really wide drag radial combined with a softer shock setup out back?

• Although new to this forum I've been a member of others - I bought #183 in December of 2014. Mine has been Alpha turbo'd, MRI'd and I'd LOVE to know how you do anything but spin when hitting it hard or even hard-ish. I have a Nitto 555 on the back but it barely made a difference and I'm only running 6 lbs though I have a two-bar tune. Is it a matter of a really wide drag radial combined with a softer shock setup out back?

Welcome aboard @lutherdog - looking forward to photos of your ride and adventures

• It is really amazing what a good driver can do. If you recall the show on top gear when the they raced in a 24 hour race. They all drove a used BMW - compared to others driving high end exotics. When the 3 hosts drove they where in close to last place. The STIG took over and he was beating each lap tie he set over and over again and soon they where in the top 10. Stig drove at night when it was dark.

• My $0.02 I was at the Back of the Dragon entrance at Hungry Mother Park in Marion Va. Vette rode my a**. My girlfriend said, " get em" I did. I could hear him pushing it. By the time we got to the top of the mountain and got out and drank some water he came by. He wouldn't even look our way. It was yellow. I so wanted to be juvenile and ask him where he bought his taxicab.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Many folks buy their vetts, stangs, vipers ect as more of a show piece than anything else. While they will occasionally go through the gears on a straightaway they will not take chances and push them hard in the turns. It's not always that they can't drive or that the car is not capable but more that the vehicle represents a huge chunk of money to them and they are not comfortable taking a chance on wrecking it. SS's on the other hand are not usually quiet as big of an investment and is/was advertised from the manufacture as a toy to get out and play and romp around in. Personally, my SS was a huge investment but I bought it to play with and that is pretty much what I do with it. To each their own.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• You can win just about every race your in , If you use this simple technique....
    Don't let the guy you are racing know that you are racing him till you get the jump on him.. ;);) ..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......