Mirrors and blind spots

• I got bored one day so decided to check out just how blind we really were behind us, these pictures show the result:

I simply placed the tripod where I could see it with both outside mirrors, like I said, I was just bored!

Oh, and here is what I did to assist in peripheral viewing, .................

.............additionally, see that piece of fuel hose split and mounted to the outside of the mirror, that very simply does away with the vibration of the driver's side mirror, (a solution offered by a previous posting by another member).

Just thought that I would share..............

Bill

• Going to dig out some fuel line now. Thanks for posting that.!!

• Bill, leave Tripod out of this. We all miss him, but you're right that we're bored without him.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• What this lil experiment showed us is that the rear blind area was not as pronounced as we perceive where the only thing that may be hidden from our view while cruising down the road would be something narrow, a two-wheeler perhaps, with their front tire right up against our rear tire.

Bill

• Before I bought my TD Top, I stopped by a fellow Slingshot owner's to see how hard it was to get in and out. He had a multi-mirror rear view mirror mounted to the Top and that was the first thing I bought for my Top - B006K8VHU8. That mirror allows me to see vehicles behind me as well as on both sides and does a better job than the side mirrors.

• We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have 1 round fixed 2" mirror on the outer edge of the Slingshot driver's side mirror. On the passenger side, I have a rotatable 2" mirror mounted at the outer edge of that mirror. I highly recommend the rotating style mirror since thy can be adjusted to emphasize a specific area such as down near the rear wheel or just to the outer back side - B00XINZ8TO

• Before I bought my TD Top, I stopped by a fellow Slingshot owner's to see how hard it was to get in and out. He had a multi-mirror rear view mirror mounted to the Top and that was the first thing I bought for my Top - B006K8VHU8. That mirror allows me to see vehicles behind me as well as on both sides and does a better job than the side mirrors.

Yes one of the fellows had me sit in his Slingshot last year at Eureka Springs just to check out his multimirror, I was absolutely blown away by the field of vision, if I had a top , I,d have one too.