Zerk fittings

• Why did Polaris add a bunch on new ones?
    Mine is a 2015 SL and there is 1! Well two. The second one was added to the rear swing arm after the bearings started to go bad on many other Slingshots. Not mine. I took precautions before it became a problem.

• depending on the year of your slingshot it may or may not have a zerk to lube the u-joint. As someone above said the best way to get to it is by removing the two drink cup holders. if you do have the zerk it should be lubed every 5000 miles when you change the oil. To lube it you will need a needle fitting on the grease gun to get into it, there is not enough room to get the normal grease gun fitting in there. Here is a picture I took through the drink cup holder holes last time I lubed it the zerk is just below the bolt with the dot of green grease on it.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Why did Polaris add a bunch on new ones?
    Mine is a 2015 SL and there is 1! Well two. The second one was added to the rear swing arm after the bearings started to go bad on many other Slingshots. Not mine. I took precautions before it became a problem.

Mine is the faster 2015 base Titanium (Unobtainium now and much more desirable). Only one zerk. I extended the WARRANTY before it became a problem. Just about everything else crapped out on my sling, so what's the worry? Currently, my sling is part 2015, 2016, 2016 and 2018. The only giveaway is that it is dirty. Yeah, gauge cluster replaced with odometer reset to zero so you can't count miles... Yeah, it is fun, but what a lump of coal.

Hrrrrm, what was the question? I wouldn't stress about zerk(s). People 100x smarter than me don't. Seriously.

• depending on the year of your slingshot it may or may not have a zerk to lube the u-joint. As someone above said the best way to get to it is by removing the two drink cup holders. if you do have the zerk it should be lubed every 5000 miles when you change the oil. To lube it you will need a needle fitting on the grease gun to get into it, there is not enough room to get the normal grease gun fitting in there. Here is a picture I took through the drink cup holder holes last time I lubed it the zerk is just below the bolt with the dot of green grease on it.

what kind of needle? And where do you put it in the center of zerk where the ball is?

• what kind of needle? And where do you put it in the center of zerk where the ball is?

Lincoln 5803 is what I use, and yes you push it in where the ball is - here is a link

Link to needle fitting

Also the easiest way to remove the drink cup holders that I have found is to put a big tall sturdy cup in and then pull to the side. doing this will pop up the other side of the holder up and make it easier to remove. The advantage of doing it this way is you dont risk leaving marks like you might trying to pry it up with a screw driver or something else

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That’s the needle you want. Don’t buy a cheaper thin one. It won’t work. The right needle makes it an easy job.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas