Forum Sold - But same Guys remain

• I just typed the rubber boot in the thread over there to see what would happen. Came up in red, clicked on it and it sent me to foot wear/rubber boots web site. I will not be posting anything over there again, no telling what you will get down loaded.

Tonight I figured out how to kill those links. You have to "opt out" of Viglink. See my post below from "over there". And here's the link for opting out in case anyone runs across this elsewhere...

http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Tonight I figured out how to kill those links. You have to "opt out" of Viglink. See my post below from "over there". And here's the link for opting out in case anyone runs across this elsewhere...

http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

Even after being bad you do good!

• Even after being bad you do good!

Should not have to do this in the first place!!! Next thing you know, they will have it so that when you hover your cursor over certain words, it opens one of those frustrating little bubble advertisement windows that won't go away. Maybe someone should start a new thread over there that has nothing but a bunch of trigger words that do nothing but link to other sites. Nah...never mind.....it won't accomplish anything. That "viglink" thing didn't happen by accident.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Should not have to do this in the first place!!! Next thing you know, they will have it so that when you hover your cursor over certain words, it opens one of those frustrating little bubble advertisement windows that won't go away. Maybe someone should start a new thread over there that has nothing but a bunch of trigger words that do nothing but link to other sites. Nah...never mind.....it won't accomplish anything. That "viglink" thing didn't happen by accident.

I am trying to find out...the guy that I talked to isn't aware of it being added...it was explained to me by one of my IT guys at the hospital as something that could have come from an outside source...thumb drive etc...

• I am trying to find out...the guy that I talked to isn't aware of it being added...it was explained to me by one of my IT guys at the hospital as something that could have come from an outside source...thumb drive etc...

Ahh...good to know!! Thanks for trying to keep this in perspective @DKF Texas!!! These things have a way of going off the rails pretty quickly!!! I know you always try to take the right path, that's why I made the suggestion in the other thread, that the original poster report it to you. I still frequent the other forum to stay in contact with some really good folks, that for what ever reason, only want to utilize one forum. I would hate to see more issues that cause these good people grief when they just want to share with others, and be a part of this great Slingshot community 8o

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Kind of the reason I try and repost or answer things for people. If I had joined that forum and it was like it is now, I would probably have sold the SS by now just on the premise that everyone that has one might just be stuck up ass hats. I do a lot of answering on FB as well. Seems like the crowd of ownership is growing pretty quickly and most like me were not up to speed on what is and isn't available in the area of expertise on the slingshot.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I just typed the rubber boot in the thread over there to see what would happen. Came up in red, clicked on it and it sent me to foot wear/rubber boots web site. I will not be posting anything over there again, no telling what you will get down loaded.

I just go to CVS or Walgreens, saves on shipping and they fit better!

Home of the free - because of the brave

• I am trying to find out...the guy that I talked to isn't aware of it being added...it was explained to me by one of my IT guys at the hospital as something that could have come from an outside source...thumb drive etc...

I guess it can come from an outside source, however I still feel like it was something implemented by the new management as a way to generate income.

• I still review current threads over there from time to time but am not posting anymore. The site has really tanked over the last few weeks. The companies that turn online communities into profit centers simply destroy them. The motivation to purely make money on the backs of members goodwill is sickening.

The defense for these entities is always the same. Something to the effect of, "Hey its a free country and there is nothing wrong with turning a profit." The problem is, what actually makes a forum valuable is the goodwill of the membership. The sharing of knowledge, ideas, experience and even friendship. A third party exploiting that knowledge and sharing and who's sole purpose is MAKING MONEY is fundamentally flawed.

• Public Service Announcement:

For anyone who actually cares, the Viglink issue has been resolved on the dark side - no more stupid links...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014