Forum Sold - But same Guys remain

• You guys aren't kidding. They are getting bashed over there!

Mods - Did you guys notice a large increase in new members this week over the previous weeks?

if you go to the members tab, on the right you can sort by registration date and use descending. This will give you an idea of new member registration(however this might just be an admin tool?).
    I can't speak for the others, but I'd rather us have the right members, rather than just a bunch of members.

• Do what you need to do to support the Booze and Blues. A week or weeks before the event you can tell them to kiss old rusty

Once I have all my current confirmed participants here I will put up a link that says for more information go to: and use one of Rabs alter ego links. I just did a mailing with my local dealer to every slingshot owner that they have in their data base inviting them to join us. Planning on doing the same with a few other dealers I have been in touch with.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I just deleted all PMs over on the other site.
    Had conversations with others that included ideas of mine. Needed to make sure they were not shared with others. No faith to keep them there.

Regardless of their actions (selling/buying of the forum, or even owning a Slinshot) the level of self-righteous attitude being shown by the long time memeber/moderator with 34 post bugs the crap out of me.

How did you delete PM,s

• well I deleted them and didn't take notes. With all deleted (assume). I can't go back and retrace my steps. I was telling Bill that I went to my PM page and clicked the read box and also clicked all then there was a step to delete all and that's where I have drawn a blank.... Sorry, not sure but part of the problem is that I'm sitting at a bar on the beach in Panama City sooooo that might have had something to do with my brain fart.... smile-squared
    Rum and Coke can do that to ya...

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• thanks @Publius
    Heads a little clearer this morning.

Again.. I only did it because I have stuff I really didn't want to risk someone else seeing
    Lesson learned. I'll still be overthere from time to time and hopefully for self serving reasons. That sounds bad but everyone needs to remember that venders regardless of who they are still need customers. The dark side will always be generating new possible sources for that. Over time, regardless of the owners, i really hope that it might be fun again.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited 2 times, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Hmmmm. Your menu is even different. Are you using a mobile version of the site? I'd try the full site and not use the mobile version. I never use mobile version because they don't provide the same screens as the full site.

• I just posted the following 'over there' & their admin rep Neal ( WERA689) knows I will be posting it here & is totally okay with it:

Let's bring some sanity back into this whole mess. First off, a huge thank you to showtruk[/user] (Travis) for the thoughtful, levelheaded post (post 82 on page 7). Also, thanks to Travis, oneshot (Neal) reached out to me via PM today. Neal & I ended up having a rather lengthy phone conversation.

Okay, so we all know by now that the previous owners of this forum, Forum Foundry, has sold this forum to Vertical Scope. I made Neal aware of the fact that the current Staff Member list is painfully inaccurate & that he, himself is not even on it. Other staff members on that list are no longer active / involved. Neal promises to get this rectified sometime next week - the members need to know who's really in charge.

Okay, about oneshot (Neal)...

First off, I thank him for reaching out to me to not only apologize for things said but also for trying to find out & understand the underlying issues that created the rift. Neal has been here all along as a Forum Foundry admin but just not particularly active here (obligations were elsewhere) - he didn't realize he wasn't on the staff member list & wasn't aware of all the discontent happening here. NOW, however, Neal is the sole, previous Forum Foundry admin member to stay on board & will be working with Vertical Scope to hopefully make this forum a better place. No, Neal doesn't personally own a SS but from talking with him, he is indeed passionate about all motorsports. He is listening & will try his best to implement the changes showtruk[/user] has proposed but would, of course, have to have the blessing of the mother ship.

Let's give Neal a chance to get back on his feet here & let's see what he can do to make this forum a better place again. Neal may not post much but from now on will be actively monitoring the site & will be busy behind the scenes. You can always PM him - oneshot

Neal, thanks for listening - now do your magic!

Current inaccurate staff member list:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I just posted the following 'over there' & their admin rep Neal ( WERA689) knows I will be posting it here & is totally okay with it:

Let's bring some sanity back into this whole mess. .......................

Neal, thanks for listening - now do your magic

With all due respect having been involved with a few sites assimilated by VS if you look back to my very first post on the subject I outlined their transition formula .... this falls in lockstep with their SOP .......

They are skilled at this game, know how to work the players, and make millions doing it .........

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Thanks OM, appreciate your input - I've always valued your input & you're probably right. Time will tell. Will be interesting to see how things play out. For the moment, will give Neal the benefit of the doubt; I think that's only fair. However, let me be clear that THIS FORUM is my home, no matter what!!! I may kick around over there for a while; how long just depends on what happens over the next 'two weeks' :D

THIS FORUM is where my friends are & where the Slingshot knowledge & camaraderie are.

As a side note, Travis & I are both pushing Neal to allow references to this forum over there - we'll see... Sling on!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014