Forum Sold - But same Guys remain

• Hi there folks. this was taken from the other forum a few minutes ago. Looks like they made money and ran, but the new owners kept the staff. Read on

Phil

My name is Philip, I work for VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired slingshotforums.comand will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

Over the next few days you will notice my team mates Helena and Kyle who will be helping me with the site announcements as well as members of our support team (they will introduce themselves in the site issues section). While we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work we will be on hand to answer questions and get to know the unique needs of this community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on slingshotforums.com.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• This has probably been in negotiations for a while ...

Vertical Scope is the Walmart of Motorsports forums ....snatching up growing forums left and right .....focused solely on $$$$

VS always "keeps the staff" when they buy a site .... then they weed them out....usually keep one well known moderator.....lets them take all the flack for the upcoming changes. then dumps them after the heat dies down ....

With the exchange rate just wait until the vendors start get their new renewal costs ....

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=7702923

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Can't say I don't blame them for taking the money. It's like buying into franchises. Buy in early when new and raising, sell as peaking before it declines. Move on to the next big thing.

It's the second guy you feel sorry for.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• But.. but.. didn't they say they were only doing the forums because of their love for the slingshot and that passion is what drives them and was important to them and it wasn't about the money...

• But.. but.. didn't they say they were only doing the forums because of their love for the slingshot and that passion is what drives them and was important to them and it wasn't about the money...

ahhhhh your right...I remember reading that.... hmmm A False promise.png

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Well, that about does it for the site over there. They have purchased a couple of enthusiast forums I USED to frequent. Definitely not a move in the right direction. New members will keep the posting focused on a never ending circle of similar topics until its only decent purpose is just another place to list crap you want to get rid of.

• Well after reading all your post it sounds like you some of you know how bad that particular company is for killing forums. (From what I have learned by reading online reviews of that company) They buy up forums of all sorts of motorsports fields and pay the owners a fee based on how many members it has and how popular the subject matter is. Then they have an in house admin and the usual sub admins that try to run the forum and several other forums at the same time. I can't say that I have ever seen this work out in a positive way.

All I have to say is I don't care at all about selling my baby. And I don't ever think it would be something I would consider.

Overall it sounds like this site was born about the right time. And I'm glad y'all are all here. I don't think they will have anyone with more Polaris Slingshot brand loyalty than me.

• I will say that when I read that post I couldn't contain my smile. It was the best thing i had read in a long time. They will always get new members and they will always have some content. But they will never grow with real members. Maybe some people that find them threw a search engine or maybe they could create "bots" for members.

Again, this is my opinion and should be noted as such. I have to go now. I have to do my happy dance.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

• So true @rabtech
    I joined the other forum knowing it was a business venture for someone. This sight is different and I highly respect your resolve and desire to keep it pure the the Slingshot and all of us.

Very much appreciated. grin-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Actually, none of the forum creators bought Slingshots - so evidently that passion was window shopping Slingshots and bench talking about them.
    This forum is run by folks who actually have a vested interest in the product they support/follow - wow, what a concept!

Really? They weren't SS owners? That just kinda blows me away, i had no idea