Slingshot Booze & Blues 2018 (Fri, Oct 5th 2018, 9:00am - Sun, Oct 7th 2018, 3:00pm)

Date

Slingshot Booze & Blues 2018

Fri, Oct 5th 2018, 8:00 am - Sun, Oct 7th 2018, 2:00 pm

103 Second Ave. Clarksville Virginia 23927

Participants

21 participants, 48 undecided and 2 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 29th 2018, 11:00 pm
  • Sharon and I are in the same position pretty much as Harvey is. One of Sharon's best friends, and longtime Volleyball officiating partner's husband, has stage 4 cancer. They have done all they can, and have sent him home. I fear he will pass within the week, and that will be something that Sharon needs to be here for. With 2 of her aunts in VA in bad shape, and one uncle, I just feel it best we pass on this one. Sorry all, I truly am, but we are also out this year. I have canceled our reservations after a long talk with Sharon. I hope the rally is wonderful for those that are able to make it.

Will miss Tom, John, Velma along with many others including seeing Mitch again. Sad, but it's what we feel is the thing to do.

• @Goats_Hogs & @Bu11sh1t....so sorry to hear of your family & friend crisis. We will have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We were really looking forward to seeing you again @Bu11sh1t, and we were also looking forward to meeting you for the first time @Goats_Hogs.
    My brother Scott & his wife Mary (some of you met them last year) have also been dealing with Mary's mother being close to passing. She suffered a major stroke and is now in hospice awaiting the lord to call her home. It looks like she could pass any time this coming week. They had hoped to come with us to meet everyone again, but as we all know...family always comes first.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• We have to cancel also, we just did a 2,700 mile trip to Eureka Springs in the SS, and this trip would be for us another 850 miles it is just to close to each other. I spend to much money which was not planned on MODS so I have to save a little.
    Also in the weather forecast it shows Sunday and Monday a chance of rain and we had enough of that for a while.

Sorry to all but live happens.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• So sorry to hear this @mytoy!!! We were looking forward to seeing you & Barbie again!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• We may be out. Hate to even say that. Would love to see you all one more time to do some riding and visiting. There are several factors, but the biggest is that my wife Sharon just lost her aunt last night. They were close. Looks like I'll be off most of next week (aunt is in VA, right at NC line) and this may mess with days I can get off. Not to mention it will cost nearly as much as Clarksville, and anytime I don't work I don't get paid. (think contractor type of thing). Will update after all things fall out. If we can't, y'all have a great time and at very least, we'll see you at Maggie Valley!

If we don't make it, I'm very sorry Mitch! I was really looking forward to this run, as I wanted to go last year but couldn't work it out....

Sorry to hear about Sharons Aunt .

• Thoughts and prayers out to y'all Brent and Harvey and I was complaining about a wedding. :rolleyes: Best wishes for all of you able to make it in! Have fun... be safe!

• Mexican dinner Thursday evening in Clarksville to kick off the weekend. If you are staying at the Magnuson we will be leaving the parking lot for the very short ride to the Mexican restaurant at 6:45 pm. Let’s kick this weekend off with a Margarita and show our appreciation to Mitch and Collet (spelling) for hosting another great event for us. Really looking forward to this event. If you have never been to Clarksville or attended one of Mitch’s events I promise you will never forget this weekend and want to return to Clarksville soon. Wonderful town with wonderful people.

That sounds an awesome plan. We will be there Thursday afternoon. See you guys all soon.

• We have to cancel also, we just did a 2,700 mile trip to Eureka Springs in the SS, and this trip would be for us another 850 miles it is just to close to each other. I spend to much money which was not planned on MODS so I have to save a little.
    Also in the weather forecast it shows Sunday and Monday a chance of rain and we had enough of that for a while.

Sorry to all but live happens.

Understood, We will miss you and Both .

• Sorry to hear that @mytoy will not be attending. I know you had a hell of a wet ride home from Eureka Springs. We had the rain in Maggie Valley as well Dieter and we understand.

I just looked at the weather for Booze and Blues in several different sites. It does show a chance of rain in the evening Thursday and Monday on one site. Total precipitation is .06 or very little rain. Rain is forecast for the evening hours and not during the day on Thursday or Monday. Will be keeping an eye on the forecast, but I will be there. The weather looks very promising for a great weekend in Clarksville.