@gpcustoms emergency brake conversion

• A pair of adjustable plyers to do the twisting should do the job. Start twisting up by the button and work towards the back. At one point the rubber will pop loose. It's all metal under the rubber.
    This photo might help.

That's a good idea too!! I had used up my patience by the time I decided to look at other options and using my knife on it seemed like a good idea.....plus I have to admit that I took a small amount of pleasure in cutting it.......cutting it deep I say!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Heh, Heh....yep, did the same thing!! I kept thinking....Damn!! There's got to be a way to do this easier. I usually like to save all the stock parts I take off my vehicles, but I made an exception for this pain the ass!!! You'll love the new handle....I know I do!!!

Yeah, way easier once I committed to cutting it. And yeah, felt good to cut into it. But it looks even better than it felt!

• One more trick for you. The boot is not all the way pulled back from the photo. Give it some effort and it will flop/pop over the fold in the handle groove and look much cleaner. :00000156:
    That stock handle was a real fun thing to remove. I have done lots of them and the twist and tug with veins popping out comes to mind :00008862:
    Feel free to give me a shout if thats confusing but your almost there :00008674:

• I hadn't pulled hard enough on the leather boot....the aluminum handle has a grooved ring around the base that the boot fits into to give it a smooth look.

Good job!!! It looks fantastic too!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Its very clear that the black handle with black stitching boot is the most popular. However I still have two Black handled assemblies that have red stitching like the one in the center of the photo.
    All they need is a new home ;-)

Yes Sir!!! The black handle with red stitching went PERFECTLY in my Faster Red Sling!!! The wife still says that's one of her most favorite mods so far!!! :00000436:

• Its very clear that the black handle with black stitching boot is the most popular. However I still have two Black handled assemblies that have red stitching like the one in the center of the photo.

please see your wall notifications. I'm interested in the center black with red stitching ... :love: . Was gonna do my own but this is just too good of thing.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Got home from SEBRING and had the GPCUSTOMS E-Brake waiting so had to install it . I did however follow the other approach, I cut only a portion of the stock cover and after a little Italian words I forgot I knew it was in. The stock cover gives it body and fills it well.

God Speed @gpcustoms

gp i would like a black handle with red stiching as well.

• This is as good of a time to post this again for interested folk wanting an E-brake assembly about donations and payment.

As many of the original owners of the assembly know I was donating all of the materials and shipping in exchange for a minimum $60 donation to my St. Jude charity @ lap of America.(in events section).
    If your curious about the St.Jude portion just click on the Events for St. Jude link at the lower left of my posts.

Well as Murphy's law would have it I also received my own diagnosis of Double hit Lymphoma so I changed the way you pay for the item as follows,...

It is now in two parts.
    I) $40 payment for all materials and shipping by pay pal or old fashioned check so I can continue making these at cost.
    II) $20 minimum donation to St. Jude

As you can see its still only a $60 product but alas I am afraid that I am not raising the same levels for the kids that I once did just a few short months ago.
    So for the new guys and gals looking at getting one of these items please remember that small donation goes for a good cause. And while I can't donate more than my time to make these I do take great pride in the generosity of this group and the hearts that you all have.
    Just wanted to say thank you very much
    Mark