Engine code 65551

• Took out old sensor and went to gm dealer with part number from Reaper 12636736 they had one looked the same as one off the slingshot. Put it on wiring slid right on hooked fight up. Only thing check engine light is still on don’t know what is wrong. Any one have a clue?

• Could try clearing code by disconnecting battery for a while then reconnect again. Believe you can also disconnect ecm (3 connections I think) for a bit then reconnect. I am sure someone with more knowledge will speak up in a bit.

• I see that you got that code but did anything go awry? Did something not work? What is that code supposed to signify?

Took out old sensor and went to gm dealer with part number from Reaper 12636736 they had one looked the same as one off the slingshot. Put it on wiring slid right on hooked fight up. Only thing check engine light is still on don’t know what is wrong. Any one have a clue?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Hasn’t cleared yet did everything could think of. Unhooked battery unhooked Ecu put in a new one GM part drove 20 miles cycled key don't know what else to do. Do I have to take to dealer to get it cleared.

• Any code by itself doesn't always mean a failed part. The number below that code (if memory serves me correctly) is either a 1,2,3 or 4. That breaks it down even more to tell you that it sees too high/low voltage, or whatever. A low or no voltage could be a failed sensor, bad connector or even a broken wire somewhere between the sensor and the ecu. There is also a number that displays how many times the ecu has received that "failure" which helps identify if it was a one time event or is there every time you start the engine

The knock sensor is just what the words say. It's a sensor that "listens" for an engine knock (detonation) so the ecu can retard the timing so you don't have engine damage. As long as all systems are running properly and you are using proper fuel, you should not have any detonation (pinging). But if you have low octane fuel, higher combustion temps (low coolant, stuck thermostat, clogged radiator) you may have some detonation and the sensor is an important safety item to prevent engine damage. It is even more important if you have a turbo or supercharger as that extra combustion chamber pressure can destroy an engine REAL quick if it starts to detonate.

So yes, I would have a dealer check it out and if they find nothing, their digital wrench can clear the code for you

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• What about dirty gas, moisture in gas or not enough octane....dirty injectors..

Add the cleaning juice, dry gas and 93...

This is why I always use 93 in every vehicle...3 have 30 gallon tanks one is 25....it eliminates many problems...I consider the few extra pennies an insurance policy against engine trouble