Sorry it’s Peg again needing fuse advice

• I told you all that electronics is the one wrenching I don’t have experience in...

I’ve got my LED light controller to install today. The video shows where to put the fuse in, but my fuse box doesn’t match the video. There are no empty slots.

See attached pic. If no empty slots then I have to assume each fuse is controlling something - they aren’t spares just sitting in there, correct?

Pardon my lack of knowledge. The only way to learn is to ask.

• Nope! Polaris has that in use.

They assumed you had an empty slot. Thats why you have a fuse link hook-up.

With a volt tester, you could check the fog lights relay slot for possible use...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• The 'pigtail" that you have to install goes in place of a fuse that is already installed in the fuse block.
    That is why there are 2 fuse slots in the "pigtail". the 10 amp fuse already installed in the "pigtail" controls your new accessory and you install the fuse you remove from the fuse block in the empty slot in the "pigtail". You have to pick a fuse in your fuse block that can handle the TOTAL amperage of both circuits, that is, the original circuit and the new accessory.
    I would begin by removing the fog light fuse, installing the "pigtail" put the 10 amp fog light fuse in the 2nd slot of the "pigtail" and go from there. You probably will not have your fog lights on at the same time as your LEDs. Remember the fog lighs only work when the key is in the on position.

• Thanks everyone. It's a work in progress learning electrical stuff.

I also tried to put my rally horn in today. The instructions were absolutely awful and incorrect. The parts list matched the parts in the bag, but the instructions refer to parts that were not included. They also say to rotate the horns which is impossible with the brackets they put on them. I have the feeling I got a new version of the rally horn and old directions.

So that didn't work either. Then one of the speakers that got put in last night by a professional has got a high pitched whine, and the bluetooth music sounds like crap.

All day long farting around with the sling and getting nothing done. :cursing:

• Sounds like you picked the wrong week to mod...
    Unless the weather there sucks.

Could be a bad speaker...
    or the professional forgot to be professional and check his work.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I noticed that as well when I purchased the underglow lights from Leds Of Texas. I think the 18's are set up different.
    I use the Neutrino Black Box (app controlled fuse block) which makes that fuse attachment unnecessary. Just cut it off and attached ground and power to one of the 6 circuits available. Awesome controller and idea.
    Watch the SlingMods youtube video of it.

• Yes buy another box, run it to the battery and that way you wont be running anything extra through your sling wiring. The sling wiring is minimal at best and canbus can do some freaky stuff if you tap into it.