Info on two deleted threads that had advertisements in them.

• Just like @Ross I can't recommend their site due to their horrible customer service and the fact that they are very inconsistent when it comes to honoring warranties or make things right when they make an advertising mistake, they always want the customer to be the one to pay.

So as far as I am concerned I will not pass an opportunity to shame them on social media, if someday they seem to get their shit together and treat customers as they should then I will eat crow and give them a try.

They are the only vendor who has as bad customer service as spin4air .........and that is saying something. :POKESS:

No one is that damn bad. Oh I'm sorry...Spin4air has had no complaints...that was all Twist and Tilt...

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• This is what was supposed to happen, back in 2014 when no one had slings yet, all we had was each other and became family online. TDS was hopping and we all decided to have a meet-n-greet in Maggie to solidify our family and slings. It was all about friends getting together and having fun.
    Ivors quickly picked up on this and started the motion to be a paid event and take over making the rules and charging vendor fees, setting up motels and making it into a business for himself, rather than our group of friends to get together and keep the price down. This year was close to $100 for entry for a couple and all the fees at each event are going up. If it weren't for TDS, Ivors first event would have never got off the ground since no one was posting on his forum and he used TDS to set it all up.
    We need to start our own events, only charge to cover any set-up costs, let vendors come free (contribute to fairgrounds rent) and make money, have on site mechanic from a local dealer, set up rides and have a tent large enough for all to gather in the evening like the parking lot of the first years event.
    We have enough good people on this forum that can each take a part in setting this up and spread the work out use their expertise to help, like @STYLN could sell shirts at a decent price, @rabtech can promote the events on this sight and he has the cheerleading abilities to make it happen. I am sure many of us would take a part to make this happen and put the magic back into the events.
    I don't think it will ever be good to have a single vendor running the events, especially in a for profit standing. I have made friends with many vendors here, been given GREAT treatment by most of them. I have so many friends from these forums and I've driven many miles to meet and ride with many of you guys I call family now.

• My 2 cents... I think the "leaders" that might be referred to are probably highly respected members who have stated before to go with slingmods, don't buy SlingshotOnly, etc...

But of course, those things are said because we know from EXPERIENCE... If they worked better at their service after the sale, or just service and quality from the get go as others mentioned, well maybe they'd still be here, but what good is that for new slingshot owners? Isn't this place to help some from getting burned? I wish I knew about @robert.piner before I tried ordering stuff... Wasn't until I had issues, that some pm'd me about him... Lesson learned!

Now I see something similar happening with Hahn... But at least it's here for people to take their own chances...

Anyway, it's more of a "I don't like the bad word of mouth I'm getting there, so I'm going to stop giving them money, but I will also have some random account post FREE ads and whatever sticks and gets somebody to buy, yay!"

Edited once, last by MiM ().

• This is what was supposed to happen, back in 2014 when no one had slings yet, all we had was each other and became family online. TDS was hopping and we all decided to have a meet-n-greet in Maggie to solidify our family and slings. It was all about friends getting together and having fun.Ivors quickly picked up on this and started the motion to be a paid event and take over making the rules and charging vendor fees, setting up motels and making it into a business for himself, rather than our group of friends to get together and keep the price down. This year was close to $100 for entry for a couple and all the fees at each event are going up. If it weren't for TDS, Ivors first event would have never got off the ground since no one was posting on his forum and he used TDS to set it all up.
    We need to start our own events, only charge to cover any set-up costs, let vendors come free (contribute to fairgrounds rent) and make money, have on site mechanic from a local dealer, set up rides and have a tent large enough for all to gather in the evening like the parking lot of the first years event.
    We have enough good people on this forum that can each take a part in setting this up and spread the work out use their expertise to help, like @STYLN could sell shirts at a decent price, @rabtech can promote the events on this sight and he has the cheerleading abilities to make it happen. I am sure many of us would take a part to make this happen and put the magic back into the events.
    I don't think it will ever be good to have a single vendor running the events, especially in a for profit standing. I have made friends with many vendors here, been given GREAT treatment by most of them. I have so many friends from these forums and I've driven many miles to meet and ride with many of you guys I call family now.

I don't fault anyone for seeing an opportunity to create a business if they feel it will be well accepted and profitable. Ivor puts a lot of work into his events and they require a lot of organization and cost. The end result we be determined by the product that is delivered. If the attendees see a value in the event they will pay. If they are disappointed they will not return. How things shake out from here is to be seen. I am a fan of smaller more personal events - but that is strictly a personal preference.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am a fan of smaller more personal events - but that is strictly a personal preference.

Kind of why I like SSITR so much. I want the vendors to do well...but when it's just 75-100 Slings...it feels like you can actually meet people and foster some good friendships.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• We need to start our own events, only charge to cover any set-up costs, let vendors come free (contribute to fairgrounds rent) and make money, have on site mechanic from a local dealer, set up rides and have a tent large enough for all to gather in the evening like the parking lot of the first years event.

THAT is a damn fine idea. I know there are a lot of good dealers out there who deserve the support, but two that come quickly to mind are Brewer's up in @MACAWS neck of the woods, and Cherokee, in Greenville SC.

• This thread is a good one, that email you posted is another good reason to avoid shopping there, What Scott did was try to pass the buck and blame rabtech without doing his due diligence, which was quickly disproved by what rabtech posted.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Did I start a sh!t storm?

Sorry, maybe we need to lock this thread or close it or something.

Sometimes uncomfortable conversations need to be had. I don't necessarily think you're damaging anything by letting the truth get out. No matter what happens, people will have their own opinions, and if some feelings get hurt, that's life.

• Well, like many have already stated here, THEY lost my business. My first two mod purchases came from Slingshotonly and they screwed both orders up. (Somewhere on the forum, we've discussed that already) Shipped the wrong parts both times which forced me to wait an additional week. Went back and forth with them on email several times and I eventually made up my own mind that I would NEVER purchase from them again simply because of the way I was treated. They even promised to send me a free tumbler for my troubles.....and of course I never received it! They can claim what they want and say what they want, but THEY lost my business. Not someone advising me to go elsewhere. I'll defend this forum to the end. I may not post a lot, but I'm on it every day reading!

:SLRSS:

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• A lot of these conversations lately. It is too bad...

Soon, there will be no vendors left and no cool aftermarket parts to buy. Small guys making parts are great, but can only make so many items until they are capped out and can't keep up with demand.

Wasn't everyone just bashing on Slingmods a couple of weeks ago?!? Now the "mob" is bashing on SlingshotOnly... It seems brutal in here with people "protecting" other members, but not knowing the entire story. Companies aren't perfect and there is a big difference between dropping the ball and intentionally screwing over someone.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• I wish I could have a "hobby company" that makes enough to buy out Ivor, drops out of marketing on a decent size forum, and complains that they left because we were all out to get them. <Sigh> :rolleyes:

@KayTwo, let's make that a budget goal, mkay?

think Mistress of the Moonpies or Contessa of Cookies or even Dutchess of Desserts .... are operators standing by yet so I can setup my monthly delivery order? .... yummy

• Ooooooh I may be in for a bout of foot in mouth disease and it may even cost me business but I,m going to say it !

I,m sorry guys while I do respect t all of your opinions, I also respect people who invest heavily in our free enterprise system, not because they have too but because they want to. And lets face it, while I absolutely love this forum and all the openess and fairness amongst it's posters, there is a little bit of bias here towards Slingmods, and not only pleasant optimism towards Keith Ramirez and his crew, but pessimism against Scott and his crew. Anybody who can,t see that here is operating with blinders on, I'm sorry. Not that any one poster I can think of has been blatently rude , I don,t think for one minute our respected administrators, Rabtech or Macaws would let that go. But I think overall there has been an unwritten but suggested pessimism towards Slingshot only.

So I think what Scott is really saying is, " I sense this" and lets face it , no one wants to hang around a swimming hole where they feel the regulars would just as soon dunk them as swim with them, so he has decided to move on and for us to condemn him for that, I think might be a little premature.

I for one appreciate all of the positive attributes Scott has brought to this industry. Just over a year ago Noel Hughes , not Scott Macindoe, but Noel Hughes, decided to sell Slingshot Only and soon after the original owner of Twist Dynamics decided to sell it . Scott Macindoe stepped up and purchased both , and or the rights, Because he wanted to , not because he had to. ( hence his reference to hobby ) Scott was already a very successful distributor of fiberglass industry materials which his company distributes North American wide and had already made his fortune.

Nobody within a one and a bit year time frame , and I mean nobody, has stepped up and invested the time and the resources into this industry as the Macindoes have, not because they have to but because they want too ! Sure it may have taken them a bit to get a grasp on everything and forging ahead in the right direction but what other manufacture has even come close to investing in new Product the way Twist has in the last few months as they have ironed out the bugs, and it's only just beginning !

If you believe at all in our free enterprise system you have to admit that more choice for the consumer is healthy ! And while the overall consensus of some regulars here may be a little biased, I would suggest the constant line up of no less than five service bays going continually installing mods from the start to finish of every major event by the purchasing Slingshot public says differently ?

Am I wrong ?
    Actually don,t answer that lol
    I not only believe in speaking my mind as we all should, but I also believe in giving credit where credit is due .

• @kev

I will repeat what I said earlier as I believe it is the root of the problem.
    I think some disgruntled purchasers voiced their feelings. Rather than reach out to determine the problem and either explain their side or correct the issue they left it unanswered. Just for an example any time someone post something negative about an experience with Slingmods - they reach out and do their best to make things right. You can not always make everyone happy but you get the kudos for trying. I know you would do the same.
    So as a situation like this festers unanswered we end up here.

You have to give Scott a lot of credit for taking on as much as he has. But the bigger the forest the more fires there are to put out. Unlike some other vendors I do not think they have anyone dedicated to the task of responding on the forum to complaints. So only on side of the story is being heard and it is not his.

Honestly I think it all boils down to a lack of communication. And with as many different product lines as he has I can understand how difficult that can be.
    He is a very smart businessman I am sure his decision was what would work best for his needs.

I am sure given some time and some conversation when cooler prevailing winds are blowing things will work out.

I hope all that made sense

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Have to say... I’ve met with Scott and he’s a pretty nice guy from what I could tell. That said, if he doesn’t want to be here as a vendor, so be it ~> I wish him the best of luck. As for me (and the vast many others here), SSI is our home away from home and it’s bigger than just vendors and commercial events. Let’s be honest ~> it really doesn’t take much to form genuine and deep meaningful relationships with any of our family... and in the grand scheme of life, that’s really all that matters.

Never loose sight what’s important folks... HANGING WITH FAMILY AND RIDING! :thumbup: *oh, and trying to keep up with “ERICA... THE DARLING STARLING” in the twist!! That matters too... :POKESS::00000014:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png