Aftermarket Seats, Seat covers, and Seat recipes

• Are they more comfortable than the Stock seats? Have you sat on a PRP and if so how do they compare?
    Anyone with the PRP SS(gen2) how comfortable are they on long rides, i don't like the look of the PRP but at the same time I am trying to find something that would be equal to it in comfort since that is the main thing i need.

I've the PRP seats and we did go from PA to Nashville TN to Clarksville VA and then back home. What a difference IMO. Maybe because thy are in super fast red :D:thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I know they are comfortable i sat on a pair at the dealer, I just don't like the looks and therefore have an issue paying $1300 for them.

PS great choice of colors that looks great!

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• If you're seeking comfort, probably PRP is the way to go... Only sat once in stock seats so can't compare... Long trips are rare, but the gel cushion does the job and I keep it behind the seat in storage box. Ready when I might need it.

• If you're seeking comfort, probably PRP is the way to go... Only sat once in stock seats so can't compare... Long trips are rare, but the gel cushion does the job and I keep it behind the seat in storage box. Ready when I might need it.

I agree, after the firs long trip (mentioned earlier) I purchase this cushions. And went on a ride from PA to near VA Beach @KayTwo and we could go from one tank to the next one even better without a pain in the but

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I did a 7 day, 2200 mile trip in the stock seats and thought they were comfortable. Was going to upgrade to the PRP, mostly for looks, but for half the price just couldn't pass these up. They seem comfortable to sit in but haven't had the SS out since installing them.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• What don't ya like about PRP? just curious? Think ya can get unlimited feedback on them as majority have..Im happy with mine, But different is good....

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I did a 7 day, 2200 mile trip in the stock seats and thought they were comfortable. Was going to upgrade to the PRP, mostly for looks, but for half the price just couldn't pass these up. They seem comfortable to sit in but haven't had the SS out since installing them.

Exact same reason we skipped PRP and bought the Polaris Gen 2 seats. You'll love 'em.

• I don't like the design style, i think they feel outdated when compared to what sparco, NRG and Cipher have to offer and to add insult to injury they are way more expensive,Gen 2 is currently going for 1299 at Slingmogs.

I can get the Sparcos for ~780, Cipher ~850, NRG ~700 these are just the prices from CarID haven't even looked around to see if anyone has them cheaper or on sale.

Also is worth noting that the prices above include sliders and mounting brackets for both seats, i know with the PRP i would have to buy the Passenger Slider which i think is an extra $280.

• I don't like the design style, i think they feel outdated when compared to what sparco, NRG and Cipher have to offer and to add insult to injury they are way more expensive,Gen 2 is currently going for 1299 at Slingmogs.

I can get the Sparcos for ~780, Cipher ~850, NRG ~700 these are just the prices from CarID haven't even looked around to see if anyone has them cheaper or on sale.

Also is worth noting that the prices above include sliders and mounting brackets for both seats, i know with the PRP i would have to buy the Passenger Slider which i think is an extra $280.

PRP reuses the OEM seat brackets...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Correct but there is no Passenger slider so to have that ability in the passenger seat you have to buy the Slider which runs you 280 taking the Gen 2 from 1299 to $1579.

When i compare that 1579 to lets say 900 for one of the other guys, that is a lot of money left on the table when going for the better looking seat (IMHO), the only down side of the other seats is comfort since that is unknown and the possibility that i might have to go to a 4 point harness if i can't use the stock seat belt comfortably.

The only thing that PRP have going for them is the design studio which allows you to build them however you want color wise but that is not enough for me an extra 679 when i don't like the silhouette they have.

• @Neosolidus i would look into the brackets that com with those after markets make sure they work with the sling i know I've read in a couple places some people had to modify the brackets just not sure which brand they were i went with the prps like so many have. i just liked the fact their bolt on and had no issues did a 5000 mile round trip to from boston to colorado me and the wife had no issues also added lumbar and heated option. heated option is a must definitely worth it

• I just received the Gen 2 standard Velocity seats and thought I would post a couple side by side shots to show the differences from the 2015/16 stock seats.
    The seat backs are tight to the door so you can see the headrest difference (1.75 inches by ruler). the new headrest is much softer too.

• Well if you don't want to shell out over $1,000 bucks for new seats you can go the cover route. I got my PRP covers for a little over $200 and they look great with the colors on my Sling. The red piping really sets the covers off and looks good with the other red accents on the Sling.