Aftermarket Seats, Seat covers, and Seat recipes

• I now carry 4 heavy duty trash bags behind my seats. I have the PRP, and they will take days to dry out if you ride in really hard rain or if it sits uncovered in the rain. If storms are evident, I'll put on the trash bags before riding into the rain. If seats are already wet, I'll put on the trash bags to keep my clothes from getting wet. Not a prefect solution, but it is something that helps. V-SHOT showed us this trick at Maggie last year, and it was really wet there that week!

Thanks for the information on the PRP seats and also for the garbage bag tip!

Bill

• Thanks for the information on the PRP seats and also for the garbage bag tip!

Bill

I'm a big guy (working on getting some of that off now) at 6"4" and around 285. The PRP seats give me nearly 2" more leg room, and distance from the steering wheel over stock. The Gen II (which I have) will compress over time and I started to bottom out (pun intended!). I got a 5/8" piece of gel pad and opened up the seat cover (it unzips) and put that under the foam padding. I'm happy with the result. My red stitching has faded to a shade of pink, and I had one place that got damaged from me sliding into the seat. I was able to patch the spot so that it looks better. All I'm saying is that I'm a bit disappointed in the seats for the price I paid. They are comfortable, but the materials they use could be better. My seats didn't see sunlight until last spring, and were showing fade on the threads and wear on the seat by fall. My SS does sit outside while at work in the summer, and I'm certain that contributed to this. I bought the seats through Slingmods, but in reality they are a reseller in this case. PRP would not stand behind the seats.

I'm looking to have a custom upholsterer to recover my seats after next season. The design is good, however the materials they are using are sub par in my opinion. Granted, mine isn't a trophy queen, I put over 12k on it each season and it sits in the sun on many summer days. But the seats should have held up better than they are in my opinion.

• I now carry 4 heavy duty trash bags behind my seats. I have the PRP, and they will take days to dry out if you ride in really hard rain or if it sits uncovered in the rain. If storms are evident, I'll put on the trash bags before riding into the rain. If seats are already wet, I'll put on the trash bags to keep my clothes from getting wet. Not a prefect solution, but it is something that helps. V-SHOT showed us this trick at Maggie last year, and it was really wet there that week!

Hey Goats_Hogs what a terrific mod maybe Slingshots only will buy your product :D:D:D:D

• Ask him about the ride from Cherokee to Maggie Valley. Not wet like you are talking about.... but I actually could wring water out of my underwear when we got back. Never been in a downpour like that before that day or since! Just hate that I only had one pair of shoes with me on that trip..... :huh:

Goats_Hogs ask EjFord about a ride on the pig trail in Eureka last year? We probably could compare notes and who was wettest. Have a great new year, see you in Kerrville

Keep Three Wheels Down

• my stock star trek rubber seats may not be the most comfortable, but unless I were to find an equally waterproof replacement they are what I will stick with. With my slingshot being my daily driver seats with seams that can soak up water are a non starter. so are there any totally waterproof aftermarket seats?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• my stock star trek rubber seats may not be the most comfortable, but unless I were to find an equally waterproof replacement they are what I will stick with. With my slingshot being my daily driver seats with seams that can soak up water are a non starter. so are there any totally waterproof aftermarket seats?

As you know I put lots of miles in the 'stock OEM' 2016 seats...I have a sheep skin that I used on my Gold Wing and love in the Slingshot. (bottom of seat) If it does start to rain easy to put in the storage compartment.

• I am still running the stock 2015 seats that came with my SS (76,000 miles since Feb. 12, 2015). With the exception of the comfort seats, they are still the most comfortable to me.

We too find the stock 2015 seats comfortable enough, when it is dry. The issue is when the wet weather dominates our rides and that cut-out on the bottom collects water like a bowl..........................................

Bill

• I am still running the stock 2015 seats that came with my SS (76,000 miles since Feb. 12, 2015). With the exception of the comfort seats, they are still the most comfortable to me. But Hey! I only way 158 pounds. NUFF SAID!

Wasn't the weight that had anything to do with it for me, as I didn't find the stock seats to be uncomfortable for riding. It was the fact that I have a 36" inseam and orangutan arms! I felt like the seat/steering wheel and pedals were built for a person no more than 5'8". The extra 2" the back of the stock seat have in thickness compared to the 2" thinner the PRP seats are gave me that much more distance from both the pedals and the steering wheel. I'd like another 2", but that would put me against the door of the storage compartment.

I've said it before, several times. Many of us that own these Slingshots are 6'4" and over. It would be nice if they would make and XLT (eXtra Long Tall) version that had 6" longer in the cabin space. For anyone shorter, they could make a cover where the storage compartments are that would give them more storage space. Win-Win, not to mention many of us taller guys would be opting to move up, spiking an increase in sales.

• I to thought the stock seats were comfortable and held up well and never had to worry about them getting wet for the water just run off

onto the floors and out the drain holes...LOL

But to my eyes they were ugly and could not look at them any longer..

But now having PRP clothe seats comfortable/nice to the eye but now have to carry bags to cover them

even with hint of rain.

Could not even think of them soaked a few times and mold and mildew growing inside them.

But the price you pay for vanity..

• I have been using the Lucas slick mist interior detailer spray - - seems to keep them looking fairly new.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• But now having PRP clothe seats comfortable/nice to the eye but now have to carry bags to cover them

even with hint of rain.

Could not even think of them soaked a few times and mold and mildew growing inside them.

That was a concern when we started looking at aftermarket seats, and one of the three primary reasons we ended up going with the Polaris Velocity Sport seats.