Aftermarket Seats, Seat covers, and Seat recipes

• Thought this might be useful for folks looking to install aftermarket seats or covers. As for PRP seats, Slingmods.com has one of the best seat builders I have found.

Post up your pics and the recipe you used to build them. Let's give folks an idea about what the seat builds look like in our machines...

Recipe:
    Cording Fabric: 237 Havasu Red
    Back Fabric: 223 PVL Black
    CenterFabric: 202 Daytona Dk Grey
    Arms Fabric: 202 Daytona Dk Grey
    Bands Fabric: 223 PVL Black
    Custom: embro #2 SS red/white/grey

2" thicker cushion

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Here's what I've got to show you all and the formula to get them as per the shipping tag

Cording Fabric: 237 Havasu Red
    Back Fabric: 210 CF Black
    CenterFabric: 241 Black Suede
    Arms Fabric: 201 Daytona Black F
    Bands Fabric: 237 Havasu Red
    Custom: embro= PRP Red
    out, SS Logo-
    red/white/grey, air lumb

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Here is my recipe...

1. Called @Noel Hughes
    2. Drove to Cycle Springs
    3. Picked up a bad ass set of seats! 8)

That would be the almost "No muss, no fuss" method with the added bonus of trip in the Slingshot. But, the old seat package is rather large when bundled up... Did they make the trip back with you? :00010164:

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Ok guys, here's the fine print first. Please read it before moving on to the review:

First and most importantly, this is my honest review of the 2017 Polaris SLR (accessory bought) seats. They are the 3rd set of seats I've had including the original 2015 factory seats and the review reflrcts how these seats fit my body type, driving style and comfort level. That being said, here's a couple of pictures to show you where I was prior to yesterday's install and today's test ride

Original Slingshot Seat

Polaris Veloxity Street Sport Seat

Side By Side Comparisson

Ok, now let's cut to the chase. These seats are comfortable. There appears to be less seat padding than the original seats, but that's probably due to the seat design. You'll notice the lack of the "water channel" in the center, so until the first heavy rain storm, I'll have to reserve the right to say how well they are in that area. The back cushion also appears to be less padded for a similar design change. That being said, it is not uncomfortable on the butt or back for the few test miles I've ridden so far. The lower lumbar seems to feel better than the stock seats; probablt due to the less pronounced padding in the butt area. The best improvement has to be in the side bolster support areas. It wraps your ribcage in a comforatble way, yet does the job of supporting you on tight or high-speed turns, I still can't get over how soft they are, yet offer that needed extra to keep yourself planted into the seats. As far as the "installed height" goes, I failed to measure that before doing the swap, but if I had to guess, I'd say these seats ride either at the same height or no more than an inch lower. (depending on your weight, you may feel it to not be any change from the stock height).

Now not to bash Corbin, PRP, or any other seat company out there, but these seats gives you an upgraded look and feel at about half the price of the aftermarket seats. The choice is yours, and you may want to see about taking a new SLR out for a test ride of your own before placing an order. I hope this helps, but please do your own research before buying. If you do buy based on what I have said, it's being done at your own risk.

Final Product Installed

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @sideseatdriver - read the post above, with the pictures.

• Just installed ours about a week ago and completely agree with your assessment. I've got about 400 miles of seat time in and I'm very happy with the purchase! I'll also add that I have a really bad back from a car accident stacked with spinal stenosis both upper & lower. The stock pieces of dung had me in pain within 15 minutes of sitting in them. That issue has been solved with the velocity seats.