Fumoto oil drain plug

• 10 minutes total maybe if you are on your game that day

That's like, one cocktail. I do like my garage time. Only room in the house (without a throne) where I'm king!

I don't have any problem making things easier. I just happen to enjoy changing oil. I'm kinda weird that way. I also like mowing grass which is good since I've got about an acre and a half of yard that I maintain.

I'm not using the word yet Gerald but I might be permanently self-unemployed now.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That's like, one cocktail. I do like my garage time. Only room in the house (without a throne) where I'm king!

I don't have any problem making things easier. I just happen to enjoy changing oil. I'm kinda weird that way. I also like mowing grass which is good since I've got about an acre and a half of yard that I maintain.

I'm not using the word yet Gerald but I might be permanently self-unemployed now.

You will enjoy the day when it comes, 13 years so far and I enjoy every day. Grass cutting is me time with nothing on my mind, a little over an acre and every third or fourth time I get out the battery weed eater for about 45 minutes. The $100 Black & Decker, the battery last about 15 minutes. Did I not say it weigh's nothing. Some people just do not understand what it is to have a life after work.

• Well i bought one for my Dodge diesel for one simple reason. I find the 3 gallons of Rotella t6 is like water when it gets changed and the way it gushes out while removing the plug it makes one hell of a mess no matter how i tried. The valve makes it so much cleaner and easier to drain. I have never seen another vehicle that i think it would be necessary to install a valve

• Usually I pull the plug to drain, then change the oil filter. When that is done the oil is done draining and I reinstall the plug and refill with Mobil I. What seems to be the Problem? Right SlingLow 10 minutes total maybe if you are on your game that day

For me it's a 6 hour ordeal...120 mile (2 hours) ride to the dealership and 2 hours BS's around the shop getting things done and a 120 mile ride home....works well for me.

• Well i bought one for my Dodge diesel for one simple reason. I find the 3 gallons of Rotella t6 is like water when it gets changed and the way it gushes out while removing the plug it makes one hell of a mess no matter how i tried. The valve makes it so much cleaner and easier to drain. I have never seen another vehicle that i think it would be necessary to install a valve

Well I never said I don't make a mess...8o

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Even though I change oil on 9 or 10 vehicles, I don't feel like I need this. From the user descriptions it doesn't sound like a timesaver except for time spent under the vehicle. One bolt is pretty easy for me to remove and the pan drains in the time it takes to swap out the filter.

Time saver? No. It will take 10 or 15 minutes out of your life. Convenience and leaving the wrenches on the bench, absolutely! Never rounding a bolt head-yes. Never need another gasket - yes. Reaching down with the flick of an index finger to drain the oil makes this worth every penny for me. But then again I guess that’s just me.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I was gonna say, the only reason I went with it was to keep the oil from gushing out all over my hand when I remove the original plug. With it this way, I don't have to lift the SS to get under it. I just slide the pan under, pull the clip (make sure to pick it up before I start the oil), and turn the valve. Then yeah, go remove the stock filter, replace it, wait another 15-20 mins for the rest of the oil to keep draining, then close the valve. Pull the pan out and then put the clip on the lever and fill the engine oil.

On my truck, since I can already get under it without a lift, I have't bothered with the Fumoto valve. I've just gotta be real careful where I put the pan. When I pull the plug, the full oil makes that stream shoot out quite a way but by the time it hit's the end, it's dripping backwards after wicking around the plug hole.

• They're convenient, but not absolutely necessary. When I installed mine just before the 10K miles service, the mechanic at the dealer seemed to really like it. I find its advantage to be I'm less likely to burn myself trying to get the oil pan plug out, but it is convenient.

I agree, absolutely not necessary the Slingshot is perhaps the easiest vehicle I have owned to change the oil on. I think the primary reasons why I went for the valve is that it eliminated two potential problems - the first is oil leaks from either not tightening the drain plug properly or a bad plug gasket and the second is the eliminating the possibility of stripping the drain plug hole - I have had oil drips in the past from incorrectly tightened drain plugs and bad gaskets. with the fumoto , once its installed it should never have to be removed and these minor leaks should be a non issue. I have never stripped a drain plug, but I have over the years seen it happen enough to always have the fear of it in the back of my mind every oil change - again now that I have the fumoto this potential problem is eliminated. - When I really think about it stripping the drain plug was probably never going to happen, all in my head so to speak, but with the drain installed now its out of my head :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• before the valve I could stand straddling the wheel to reach down and remove the drain plug without jacking the SS up..... which didn’t take long.

with the valve trying to get the safety plastic insert off and on took twice as long as doing it the old way...then add in how long it takes to drain....I could have done the job twice with the regular drain plug.

the only reason to not change it back is the reduced chances of stripping the drain plug threads.....I had a van with stripped oil pan threads ...I sold it but my fix was to install the drain valve ....I have the valve now but not the van..

• Drain plugs are so heavily threaded it's beyond me how anybody could ever strip one

aluminum is soft

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A piece of clear nylon tubing on the end of the valve that reaches down into my drain pan and no messy drain pan ever! First mod I do to all my vehicles.

Haven't added one to the SS yet but both of my Trucks have them and it makes things soooooo much easier when changing oil.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos