Fumoto oil drain plug

• just got an e-mail all Fumoto Valves are 15% off through December 22 with the code XMAS19 at fumotooildrainvalve.com

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thanks. I finally got around to ordering the F107SX drain valve and the ADP-107SX needed to fit the recessed drain hole on the Slingshot's oil-pan.

you will love it - it takes a good bit longer to drain, but it so easy you won't care. just open the valve and then go have a cup of coffee and catch up on the morning news

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• you will love it - it takes a good bit longer to drain, but it so easy you won't care. just open the valve and then go have a cup of coffee and catchup on the morning news

I've had the older F107 valve since my second oil change back in 2015. I just wanted to switch to the SX version since it has full adjustability and after replacing my oil pan when I installed my Hahn Turbo, my old F107 valve ended up upside down and I never got it to install with the valve on top. Plus, the newer SX valves are supposed to drain a little faster than the older version.

• I've had the older F107 valve since my second oil change back in 2015. I just wanted to switch to the SX version since it has full adjustability and after replacing my oil pan when I installed my Hahn Turbo, my old F107 valve ended up upside down and I never got it to install with the valve on top. Plus, the newer SX valves are supposed to drain a little faster than the older version.

yea - my valve ended up upside down, but I never much worried about it - actually makes it a bit easier to open and close - - I had already purchased mine before I knew about the SX, probably would have gotten that one if I had known, but at this point I see no point in changing it - - as they say, "if it ain't broke - - - -"

and dont let the picture fool you its actually below the pipe in front of it - just the camera angle makes it look closer than it is

i-fw5CMNN-X2.jpg

• Looking good! Angle that valve down just slightly. It'll help it from getting dirty when draining.

Seems like a good idea, but I'd probably install the SX version so it's pointing backwards and down a little. Don't know if it will reduce the chance of road crud building up at the drain hole of the valve, but it shouldn't hurt anything.

• Seems like a good idea, but I'd probably install the SX version so it's pointing backwards and down a little. Don't know if it will reduce the chance of road crud building up at the drain hole of the valve, but it shouldn't hurt anything.

they do sell little rubber/plastic caps that you can put over the nipple to keep it clean - I have one on my valve

• they do sell little rubber/plastic caps that you can put over the nipple to keep it clean - I have one on my valve

Hee-hee.... rubber / plastic nipple caps.

Do you have to order them in several different sizes, or do you get an assortment like when you buy rubber ear nubs for your bluetooth headset?

Okay.... my humor is at a low point now! :D:evil:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Hee-hee.... rubber / plastic nipple caps.

Do you have to order them in several different sizes, or do you get an assortment like when you buy rubber ear nubs for your bluetooth headset?

Okay.... my humor is at a low point now! :D:evil:

hehehe :P

all kidding aside - here is a link - Fumoto F-Cap

they say its for the long nipple valve like I have, but I see no reason why it wouldnt also fit the shorter nipple and for only a buck it might be worth trying

• Well, I think the rubber caps are a great idea too, but my suggestion about angling it down was related to when you change your oil. Know how liquids always wick around the opening they are trying to go through (think pouring water slowly out of a cup)? Angling it down will keep the oil dripping down off the lip without running back and getting all over the bottom of the valve itself. I haven't had any problem with road grime, but since I'm getting rid of that oil anyways, I don't really worry about it.

• I just ordered another 10 ea. K & N oil filters off of Amazon. I think it was $5.43 each. They have gone up since I ordered the 25 from Summit Racing for $4.25 each. I use two each every 3 or 4 months. I see the price was a low of $5.43 to almost $15 ea. be careful where you buy for any oil filter. I even order the Mobil 1 5 qt. jugs from ShopMyExchange.com 4 or 5 at a time

• They're convenient, but not absolutely necessary. When I installed mine just before the 10K miles service, the mechanic at the dealer seemed to really like it. I find its advantage to be I'm less likely to burn myself trying to get the oil pan plug out, but it is convenient.

• Even though I change oil on 9 or 10 vehicles, I don't feel like I need this. From the user descriptions it doesn't sound like a timesaver except for time spent under the vehicle. One bolt is pretty easy for me to remove and the pan drains in the time it takes to swap out the filter.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)