What do you use for windshield care?

• I just spent two days and about 18 man hours removing all the light scratches and swirl marks from my black SS. I tried a few different products then finally broke down a bought a DA Polisher and some Meguires Ultimate Compound followed with Ultimate Liquid Wax to get that black mirror finish I was after. Now I want to get rid of the swirl marks in my Madstad windshield. I do not think any of the products used and designed for "paint correction" will work. Wondering what you guys use? I'm thinking a headlight restoration kit will do the job but which one? I already wasted money on products advertised to take care of the swirl marks in my paint and don't want to go through all that trail and error again.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• I belong to a detailing group on facebook and will ask for you over there

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• First reply from the detailing group says to use Meguiar's PlastX clear plastic polish

from the meguiars site

PlastX™ Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish

Product number: G12310 | SKU: 070382101237
    This easy-to-use, rich gel formula quickly restores optical clarity to both rigid and flexible clear plastics. Cutting-edge advancements in Meguiar’s® exclusive Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive™ Technology (MDAT) remove light oxidation, chemical degradation, surface contamination, stains and light surface scratches with ease.

• Removes fine scratches, oxidation & grime.
    • Use by hand or as a refill with Meguiar's Headlight Restoration Kits.

• Isn’t there a company the advertises scratch proof plexiglass? Some special coating they use...or am I dreaming...

The “wind restrictors” come with a small bottle of special plexiglass cleaner they highly recommend.... they say don’t use WINDEX or other glass cleaners...on plexiglass..

• Isn’t there a company the advertises scratch proof plexiglass? Some special coating they use...or am I dreaming...

The “wind restrictors” come with a small bottle of special plexiglass cleaner they highly recommend.... they say don’t use WINDEX or other glass cleaners...on plexiglass..

for regular cleaning I use Plexus plastic cleaner and protector. it isnt cheap, but the spray I got when I bought the slingshot is still close to full - a little goes a very long way

• I used to use Plexus, too. Definitely NOT cheap.
    I now use Pro Honda High performance Spray Cleaner & Polish. Works great and only about $4-6 per can. pro honda spray cleaner and polish - Google Search. I like it just as much as the Plexus, but it's cheaper and I don't think I need to use as much. American Honda says - "Complete detailer in a can." It cuts thru bug guts and cleans/polishes well.

• This is what we use to remove scratches from our aircraft "glass", but now, how to keep it from getting scratched in the first place, (Yes, I know about F-4's, but they are neither adjustable nor vented.)

Bill

F4 now has a vent kit for the Slingshot...similar to the vent used for the Honda Gold Wing.

I have the F4 tinted 5+ windshield and use the Baker 'Air Wings' to bring cool air in and keep cold air out. Had since Apr 2015 and love it.

• I don't know for certain but I bet the results in @Blaze s job had a lot to do with a secret ingredient.

A lot of us know of the ingredient and some of us have actually had some experience with it.

But I can tell you from experience I really really like to go as sparingly with it as possible.

No it's not because of how expensive it is.

No it's not because it is dangerous.

No it's not hard to get or find.

Do you know what it is?

Shhhhhhhhh it's elbo grease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• My zerk fittings are glogged with dirt.

• We use a product called Plast-X. You can get it in at Wal-Mart. It is a headlight restoring compound. It is extremely gentle so it does not introduce any new swirls. You can get most scratches out or at the least soften the edges of deeper scratches. It works well with a foam polisher pad on a drill. Some scratches can be time consuming but since it is gentle you don't have worry about further damaging the plastic.

I have used the micro mesh for some stuff but only in extreme cases as it can be a long and tedious process.

• Also, for protection and easier cleaning in the future, I would recommend Rejex. It puts a slick coating on that helps repel water and bugs.

We've had our Madstad windshield for almost 2 years now, and the ONLY product I have used for protection has been Rejex. I'm pretty sure you were the one's to recommend it way back then and it has held up to the test of time!!
    I have only applied 2 coats over that time, and will be applying a new coat today. It works wonderfully and all I have to do to remove bug guts is wipe with a wet cloth, then dry with a micro fiber cloth. (No need for spray cleaners, or other chemical protectants) :thumbup:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I use RainX glass cleaner that says safe for window tint. I figured any window cleaner that says safe for window tint would no scratch. So far so good.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Thanks for all the replies and recommendations. I'm going to get the Novus kit for removal and Rejex for protection.

This community rocks.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!