Well Damn it...I have a mystery rattle...

• Ok so for about the last 200-250 miles, I have had a rattle that I can't pin point. Now that I have exhausted all my personal knowledge and the internet is letting me down, I am bringing my issue to the find folks here...

The sound only happens around 1800 RPM. Only really seem to notice it when I am down shifting and when it hits 1800 RPM there is a pretty good metal on metal tapping/vibration/rattle going on. Does not seem to happen when I am in neutral...but I have heard it once or twice.

Thought it might be the muffler since the last time I heard something similar it was a weld in the muffler that cracked. Checked the muffler thoroughly and I don't see any cracks this time. This is the Side exhaust that comes with the Hahn Turbo kit.

I have checked for any loose screws, bolts, and all the normal stuff...especially around all the mods.
    It drives and runs like it has for the last 7K miles with the Turbo kit on it. All Fluids look like they are in good shape.

I am just at a loss. I am going to post a video with the sound later to see if it helps. Just wanted to put this up so I don't forget to do it.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I had this issue and it was the passenger side motor mount rubbing on something ever so slightly and caused a weird rattle around the same RPM range.

Look to make sure the flimsy part of the motor mounts isn't touching anything. Bend them back with a screw driver or pliers if they are too close to something else.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• I had this issue and it was the passenger side motor mount rubbing on something ever so slightly and caused a weird rattle around the same RPM range.

Look to make sure the flimsy part of the motor mounts isn't touching anything. Bend them back with a screw driver or pliers if they are too close to something else.

Sweet jeebus I hope it's something this simple. lol

• Where does it sound like it’s voming from? Front, back?

I installed a new coil pack cover and it rattles/vibrates.

This is the toughest part. Sounds like it could be up front where the muffler sits , sounds like it could be just to the right or just to the left. There are times it sounds like it could be coming from the transmission tunnel, but I have been underneath it and there doesn't seem to be anything around the transmission that would be rattling.

• Did you install the flywheel inspection cover? Could it have loosened up?

I was actually wondering about this today on my way to work. With so many oddball clutch threads coming up in all the multiple forums I go to...I have to go out and check that out.

• Check your spring on your e brake (swing arm). Had the same noise hound me many miles and found the the spring wrap had moved slightly off and was vibrating at certain revs. Zip tied it together. Like a pirate with a steering wheel chained to his sac. It drove me nuts.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• This is one of the many reasons I love this forum. Everyone has run in to something strange and you all have me looking for things I never would have checked.

and with any luck at all, you will find something slightly amiss!

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.