• I bought the same hitch to add a tiny 4x4 trailer to to tow crabbing stuff when I head to the coast. It was something cheap enough to try as long as i don't load a crazy amount of weight on it. Hopefully I don't have any issues but don t see much as its being pulled instead of supporting the weight like a cargo carrier.

• You are right when it comes to regular vehicles... but motorcycles/slingshots are not normal vehicles (that's why we ride them). Lots more frame on cars and trucks and you can get hitches for them for a song and a dance... (cheap). But when it comes to two and three wheels all that changes. They have a lot of junk out there for some very high prices. But all that aside does anyone here know if Polaris actually voided a warranty because it had a hitch on it? Did they actually send a letter to dealers telling them to cancel all warranty's if it had a hitch on it? There's a lot of BS on the internet just trying to separate fact from BS..

I’ll refer everyone back to “something is killing my rear fender” thread....that swing arm is bouncing at least 4-6 inches in the air....if it’s hitting my license plate bracket....going over bumps or pot holes or rough road or whatever is causing it to jump around...

So imagine what’s happening to a trailer on that hitch connected to the swing arm....

After my recent experience with the jumping swing arm the last place I want to attach a trailer hitch is the swing arm......just telling you from my recent personal experience. Read my thread and look at the pictures...of the chipped off paint.

Just as a side note.....could my tire be out of balance and that’s why it’s jumping around?

I need to have someone follow me....

• I bought the same hitch to add a tiny 4x4 trailer to to tow crabbing stuff when I head to the coast. It was something cheap enough to try as long as i don't load a crazy amount of weight on it. Hopefully I don't have any issues but don t see much as its being pulled instead of supporting the weight like a cargo carrier.

I will let you keep you know how it goes. I plan on going crabbing next weekend if I ever solve my oil leak but will let you know how it goes. It's only 70 miles with good roads but hopefully it goes well.

• To check for balance pull the tire off and take it to a shop for balancing. But, if it is that far out of balance you should be able to feel it as you run down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I’ve passed vehicles that had tires bouncing like a basketball 4-6” in the air. While they were going at least 50 miles an hour. Freaky looking. The drivers didn’t seem to know what was happening...

I’m getting an alignment tomorrow I’ll have him check the balance.

• I can promise...an out of balance tire will not make a tire hop 4-6 " .... the ONLY thing that will cause a tire to hop like that is a separated tire. If you had one you would know it. The tire turns into an egg shape...imagine what rolling on that would feel like. If you tire was so severely out of balance it would shake your teeth apart long before it could bounce.

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: