Club Slingshot?

• @Ghost Ej is, as always, correct that GWRRA was/is not a Honda Corp thing. My point is Honda has done a lot over the years, at least from my past experience, in helping promote and support chapters.

My overall point is proven in the fact that GWRRA grew out of owners not Corp trying to make something happen.

I applaud Polaris in trying to get this off the ground. I disagree with tying it to dealers, but if it takes off they will drop that. IMHO

Jim just once in a while right....I was a member of GWRRA for some time before I became aware of the 'ownership'.

I'm glad that we thru this 'internet' we as Slingshot owners/riders have been able to get together...In Indiana we have had lots of gatherings and good times.

• Very DISSAPOINED in lack of a POLARIS response. :thumbdown:

Well it's now been two weeks and as bunch of international phone calls, from Britain, across the Atlantic, to the Polaris, mother ship.

Last Friday, I was told that my enquiry would be raised, as a priority, for the man that had not responded to me...
    Again, today, I got no reply !

When I called, yet again, today, I was informed that the person handling the case, did not wish to talk to me as it was an "international" problem and not one for him, as a Club SlingShot problem.

So, now after two weeks of me having to keep asking, "What's happening?" I find nothing has been done.
    Today, is the first day that my very simple enquiry, gets passed to a department that may, perhaps, do something.

So what has been achieved???
    Two weeks ago Polaris had a very keen advocate of Club SlingShot.
    Today they have succeeded in creating a customer, that is fed up, annoyed and generaly very dissapoine, with the lack of a professional response from what I had previously regarded as a very respectable company.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD WAY TO PROMOTE THE COMPANIES IMMAGE !

Hopefully someone that can do something, within the Polaris organisation will read this and act. :cursing:

It's sorry, that Polaris have found a way to upset, someone that may well have been one of the companies biggest international fans of the SlingShot.

So sorry, once again, to the members of this forum, for my rant.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• IMHO ..... you guys are too hopeful and too focused - time for the old saying about a watched pot and water boiling

Remember how long it took to get the Slingshade released? How about swingarm recall parts?

Enjoy the ride now and let Polaris do what they do ...... if it ends up being awesome you'll have lots of miles, even more smiles, and you just might be pleasantly surprised if they launch something that meets or exceeds your expectations

• maybe they are upset about the wedding. They may have been big fans of Megan Markle in Suits and now they won’t be able to see her anymore. X(

There was talk, at one point, of them possibly moving to a location, about 6-7 miles up the road, from my place.

As he already rides a motorcycle, I wouldn't be surprised to find him knocking on my door and asking to take the SS for a spin.

• There was talk, at one point, of them possibly moving to a location, about 6-7 miles up the road, from my place.
    As he already rides a motorcycle, I wouldn't be surprised to find him knocking on my door and asking to take the SS for a spin.

Maybe he will drive that electric E-type by. Would love to get a good look at it. I used to own a 72 E-type. One of my favorite cars.

• AT LAST !!!

A reply to my request for information about Club SlingShot.

" At this time there is no way to get you involved with Club Slingshot. Club Slingshot is only available in the US and Canada currently. At this time it is undetermined if Club Slingshot will be expanded beyond that."

Oh well, it looks like Polaris don't give a - sh1t - about its customers, outside North America.

I understand that it may be a little difficult to support everyone and as they appear to be dropping the SlingShot from the European (and most other export) markets, they have little impetus to invest in it, any more and so have no reason to support existing customers, that have already purchased the product.

On a positive note: It will leave me with a unique vehicle, that very few people will have, in my country. (Thanks to Polaris UK, not selling, such a great product, when they had the chance).

That's just how life goes, sometimes.

• I think that with all of your slingshot friends and family here you are already a member of the real club slingshot.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think that with all of your slingshot friends and family here you are already a member of the real club slingshot.

Thanks @edwardaneal
    That's a true comment. This club is well run and includes all that want to be involved.

My BIG thanks go out to everyone that has supported both me and all the other members, on this site.

Who realy needs a two monthly glossy news letter, that will eventuly just become an email, full of adverts about a product we already love, to its core.

Example:
    I'm presently sitting a bout 100 miles outside Madrid, considering hiring a SlingShot, to spend a few days in.
    I'm also planning a route, through Europe, next year, over the Stelvio Pass (Austria, Switzerland & Italy) then South to Corsica. (Makes the Dragon'sTail look like a run in the park).

It may perhaps not yet happen, (health stuff) but if it does... Who gets the info first? Club SlingShot or this forum?

• Club slingshot is a corporate / product promotional tool

Club slingshotinfo.com is about as far from that as could ever be

need help with anything Slingshot related or not - which one would you trust?

• Club slingshot is a corporate / product promotional tool

Club slingshotinfo.com is about as far from that as could ever be

need help with anything Slingshot related or not - which one would you trust?

No question about that @edwardaneal
    Club Slingshot-Forum every time !

Perhaps "club SlingShot forum" should be included in this site's key words.
    What do you think admin guys?

• It's good to see the "Club SlingShot" Facebook page is up now.
    It appears that they may have, first, created it way back, in June 2015.

Facebook link:
    club-slingshot.com

Feel free to follow it & if you do please, please, please, post your disgust at the fact they will not let us poor relations, outside of the US & Candida join the club.

Just tack any comments onto an Exsisting posting and they will appear on the page.

- Please support your overseas brothers & sisters (yes we have at least 2 regular lady riders, in the UK.). -

:00002047: We bought the product.
    Now they won't let us play. :00002047:

Edited 2 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Back when I watched the "webinar" thing that Polaris did for Club Slingshot they asked that Slingshot owners e-mail any ideas or suggestions So I did. I told them that if they really wanted to connect with owners the best thing they could do would be to have a presence here on Slingshotinfo.

Today I got this reply:

Hello Edward,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing both your interest and feedback of Club Slingshot with us!
    We are always looking for better ways to connect with our owners and your suggestion to do so through slingshotinfo.com forum is noted and taken with great consideration. Understanding what our owners are interested in, as well as, their struggles and how we can help enhance their riding and personal connection has been and will be an important part of the development of Club Slingshot.

We thank you for your time and ideas and are thrilled to have an owner like you as a part of our team!

Best,

Club Slingshot

• Love those form letters!

well at least they took the time to include the name of this forum in the e-mail