Club Slingshot?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Today, I received a snail mail postcard from the mothership regarding Club Slingshot. Basically, it seems they are trying to establish an owners group controled by polaris. I'm just a little hesitant, or maybe just paranoid. Does anyone have any insight into this?

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• I just picked up my slingshot on Thursday and I too have seen the Club Slingshot. I went ahead and registered as I figured it is pretty benign. I thought it was interesting that the membership was at no cost for a year but didn’t see a cost for time after that. So far no email’s from that so I’ll see what comes. Kinda lame at this point IMHO.

• Today, I received a snail mail postcard from the mothership regarding Club Slingshot. Basically, it seems they are trying to establish an owners group controled by polaris. I'm just a little hesitant, or maybe just paranoid. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Website has had it posted for a month or two but with no real detail

Club Slingshot | Polaris Slingshot

President, Slingshot Owners Group

• got mine by email -- tried to enter my vin # and it said it did not exist and to call customer service -- so i guess i don't really have a slingshot ???

• If done right, it could be a good way for owners to get the ear of Polaris rather than nashing and bashing them, wouldn't that be wonderful?

Bill

Madstad windshield

MeanSling hood assist

MeanSling SportTop

DDMWorks surge tank

Paramount Plastics Stealth Rear Fender version 1

Sedici Distanza Sissy Bar Bags

Ventisit ventilated seat cushions

• Got my invitation to hook up.

A membership card, magazine, exclusive VIP offers, events and ride notifications...

Pretty much what I already have here with the exception of e-mails and snail mails from Polaris...

Curious how the Polaris moderation will work?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red...

• Yep - I got the postcard today as well. Went to the ClubSlingshot.com site and clicked the check your membership link. put in my VIN and last name and my information came up and was all correct except for e-mail it had the address of the sales person at the dealer. The post card says every new owner gets a free 1-year membership so I guess its automatic. I did correct the e-mail to mine.

I do wonder, they make a point of saying the first year is free so do they plan on asking me to pay after the first year is up, also when did my first year start? it has been over a year since I bought it so I suspect it started more recently

I guess I will find out sooner or later

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• Just creating more public awareness...to increase sales.....I’m already doing that by riding as much as possible. Plus you won’t get reimbursed for gas.

It's not going to matter anyways since you said the world is going to end in a few months

Never be held prisoner to your past. It was a life lesson - NOT a life SENTENCE

• I got the card today also...my guess is they are trying to do something similar to what Harely does with the HOG club. That’s also has a membership fee.

At this time I am inclined to say I will not be a member if there is a fee, but I will hold judgement on this until I see what they have to offer. If they actually offer benefits that I want that also save me more money than the membership fee costs then I would consider joining

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• I have been and still am a member of the Gold Wing Road Riders Assoc... for a reference point the cost of membership is $55.00 yr. I have been a member of the local group for 20+ years and still want to support the group (I put out the weekly newsletter) --- probably won't renew when it runs out in two yrs. Not sure that is a cost that has much in the way of benefits. I have enjoyed the group and the rides we have done over the years.