Phone Scams

• Being retired gives me lots of free time. My new hobby is screwing with phone scammers. I keep them on the line as long as possible and have some fun. My record for keeping them busy is 7 minutes.
    Today's scam was the Microsoft tech call. He said my computer had a virus, I asked if it was Chlamydia, he said it was. It went down hill fast from there.

• Being retired gives me lots of free time. My new hobby is screwing with phone scammers. I keep them on the line as long as possible and have some fun. My record for keeping them busy is 7 minutes.
    Today's scam was the Microsoft tech call. He said my computer had a virus, I asked if it was Chlamydia, he said it was. It went down hill fast from there.

Yea, I think I got the same call. It seems that my computer liscense has expired

• Couple of years ago I had a area newspaper call and want to take the paper...had her on the phone for 20 min making sure she understood I couldn't read. Ended the conversation with "I have a Masters Degree in School Admin"....under grad work was 'math' didn't need much reading....

• Hint: If the IRS calls and tells you that you owe them money, and they want you to pay by sending them ITUNES CARDS........THEN IT IS A SCAM.
    (It happened here, several times.)

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• I get about 10 calls a day on my business phone saying my google ad is about to expire. Pressing any number to get off the list doesn't work. I phone my member of government and they said there is nothing they can do they get google calls also. No help there as they said the calls might originate overseas. I called my phone company and said that it is their responsibility to block these calls. They said since I was on a rotary phone system they couldn't add call blocking to my number. I told them that I was going to their competition as they had told me they could block phone numbers when I have a rotary system( I hadn't contacted anyone and when I did they said the same thing) My phone carrier then said that they would lower my monthly rate by over $300 per month with no contract. That was amazing I was so excited and told my wife. Do you think she was happy? No No she told me to call them back as we have 2 other phone lines that are not in rotary. I did and got another $120 off per month and they added call blocking. This was great and again I was all excited and tried to input the 15 or so numbers that keep calling. Every time the system said try again later. Finally after 2 days of these I called they phone company up and they said that they cannot block internet calls. A lot of work but I did save $5K a year. :D

• I love the Microsoft scam. The last time I got the call I kept them on for over 5 min and acted like I was just having issues with the directions they were giving. Finally I said..."Oh I see what the problem is...I am on a Linux system and that's why I don't see what you are asking for." Which the guy on the other side of the phone call said "Linux!??!? You hacker! You hack me! You hacker!!!" then he hung up.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• A couple of years ago I got a call with Jamaican prince scam. You know I have millions of dollars I have to get out of the country and I will give you 10% to use your account. Just send me to wire him $200 to put it into play. I kept this guy going for over two weeks. He would call, where is the transfer? I sent it, here is the address, here is the tracking number. They must have given it to someone else, go make them give it to you. Finally after a couple of weeks I got bored with it. When he called I told him, look, there is no wire, I know this is a scam, I’m a cop and quit calling and hung up. He called back and cussed me a blue streak, I just laughed at him.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

7 minutes? I have consistently kept these scammers (mostly for credit card transfers and timeshares) on the line for an excess of 45 minutes. Once I realized that no matter what you do or don't do, there was no way to stop these calls, and having no life, I try to keep them on line and waste their time. It's important to get directed to a supervisor whose time I really want to waste, as most initiating callers are just low-level workers from foreign countries. One of my tactics is to have them wait on hold while my "wife" fetches my credit card in the basement. It's comical how long I can keep them on line coming up with new excuses why my "wife" is taking so long. Until the US government gets serious about passing legislation in getting our phone companies to halt these annoying calls, we are stuck with them. There are solutions, just not enough will from the powers that can actually force changes.

• I just give them my local FBI offices phone number and address. Had one Craig's list scammer mail info to the FBI got a nice letter from the FBI asking that I not do that.

LC

I would continue to give the scammers the FBI numbers and addresses....maybe if they become inundated with this shit like we are then they will do something about it! Wish I had thought of that...Thats brilliant!

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: