Radio cuts out

• I have the base slingshot model. so I didn't have to take the dash off. I am not sure how the factory unit is installed. I pulled the center dash compartment out and did the install from that hole. there are a lot of guys on here that have done it, multiple times. a good one to ask is @mytoy , he is currently making a faceplate for rain for the XAV100.

• @exharleyrider, you will have to take the dash off but it is probably one of the easiest parts to remove. Takes about 20-30 minutes the first time. About 10 after that. With the Sony you will need a couple adapters that Slingtunes sells. One for reverse camera to work. I just bypassed all their wires and ran RCA plugs to the amp, front speakers, and rear SSV works speakers. Got my Sony XAV-AX100 off Amazon Smile for $249. Slingtunes sells the best adapter for it also.

• Found a Sony XAV-AX100 unit new from Best Buy for $314.00 (open box but guaranteed) but not sure I could install it myself. Do you have to take the dash off to uninstall and reinstall the factory unit?

1. I will offer soon the faceplate with all the mounting hardware for the Sony XAV-AX100 with water resistant screen.
    2. I will also offer a complete (including wiring harness) Sony XAV-AX100 head unit with faceplate, and with installed mini AMP soon. Just have to install mine and test it more. I've posted here a few videos already.
    Still have to powder coat mounting brackets for mini AMP.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• @exharleyrider I definitely wouldn't pay 314 for an "used" unit since they can be had for 299 from most car electronics websites and @Ross says he saw them for even less on amazon.

I don't know if this will help but I have my OEM radio collecting dust(unless GF threw it out already) which you can have for the exorbitant price of $0.01 USD since I can't be giving stuff away for free or that will ruin my street cred. :00008172:

Now the downside of my deal is that you would have to wait until I return from my work trip of a couple weeks but given our current weather I don't think you are in a hurry.

I have the radio and the joke of an amp it comes with, no hardness but you shouldn't need those, anyways just throwing it out there in case you want to try that out.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @Neosolidus, the radio at best buy was new, just open box but I did find a new one for $298.00 but I may take you up on the offer of your unit. Will gladly pay for unit, would not want to ruin your street cred. Lol. Thank you for the kind offer. :thumbsup:

• @exharleyrider, you will have to take the dash off but it is probably one of the easiest parts to remove. Takes about 20-30 minutes the first time. About 10 after that. With the Sony you will need a couple adapters that Slingtunes sells. One for reverse camera to work. I just bypassed all their wires and ran RCA plugs to the amp, front speakers, and rear SSV works speakers. Got my Sony XAV-AX100 off Amazon Smile for $249. Slingtunes sells the best adapter for it also.

Aside from Power, for me anyway, because I never had a stock unit to mess with. I don't think there is any other wiring to mess with is there? I installed a separate backup camera and installed all of my own speakers and amp. thanks for the update @dangerdarrell

• Aside from Power, for me anyway, because I never had a stock unit to mess with. I don't think there is any other wiring to mess with is there? I installed a separate backup camera and installed all of my own speakers and amp. thanks for the update @dangerdarrell

You are right. If the other stuff is already done the hookup should be easy. RCA connections are easiest.

• I don't have RCA for my stuff because it was my own install, so I cut, put heat shrink and crimp connectors on everything due to the possibility of things getting wet. just have to swap out power. but I am definitely getting rid of the clarion radio. I hate it that I don't get any kind of radio reception at all. I even put in a power booster for the antenna and it still doesn't even bring in the local channels.

• Gave my stock radio to a fellow forum member Tuesday and he installed it in place of his factory radio that the Polaris dealer reflashed. The ref lash did not work. He called me this morning to let me know the radio I gave him works great. He is now able to Bluetooth, pick up radio stations, and play music through his thumb drive. I’m still sticking with my Sony. Gotta love having a 6” reverse screen.

• thanks for the ebay link. I will definitely do that. I have always avoided ebay. not sure why. but that is 30 cheaper than best buy or anywhere else selling them. the only problem that I have with it and the post question above, the ones I have seen elsewhere are 6.4" and the one on ebay is 6.2" which dimension is the correct size? the one that @mytoy is using is 6.4". so that is the one I want to get due to the faceplate he is making and this way I know there is one already made and tried and tested lol.