Does anybody get motorcycle waves?

• That was my experience out West as well. More waves on average than home in the East.

When I left on my journey, I got waves from the 1st two bikes I saw going up the gorge, a CanAm Spyder then an enduro style. I got no other waves after that. What was interesting to me is that I got flipped off twice in Canada by sport bike riders. It made me wonder if it's a Canadian issue with 3 wheelers in general or the Slingshot specifically. It really hurt my feelings! I'm so sensitive...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• When I left on my journey, I got waves from the 1st two bikes I saw going up the gorge, a CanAm Spyder then an enduro style. I got no other waves after that. What was interesting to me is that I got flipped off twice in Canada by sport bike riders. It made me wonder if it's a Canadian issue with 3 wheelers in general or the Slingshot specifically. It really hurt my feelings! I'm so sensitive...

awww - hugs buddy

• awww - hugs buddy

Thanks Dr. @Ross ! I feel better now. Have you thought about having your own TV show? I could be on your 1st episode: 'Ignore the Mean People with Dr. Ross'. @KayTwo could be on the 2nd episode: 'Intimidate the Mean People with Dr. Ross'. @exharleyrider could be on the 3rd episode: 'There's Mean People Dr. Ross?'

• Thanks Dr. @Ross ! I feel better now. Have you thought about having your own TV show? I could be on your 1st episode: 'Ignore the Mean People with Dr. Ross'. @KayTwo could be on the 2nd episode: 'Intimidate the Mean People with Dr. Ross'. @exharleyrider could be on the 3rd episode: 'There's Mean People Dr. Ross?'

too late ... Pound Sand with @KayTwo airs all day every day ..... or maybe it was just me that was told that

• When I left on my journey, I got waves from the 1st two bikes I saw going up the gorge, a CanAm Spyder then an enduro style. I got no other waves after that. What was interesting to me is that I got flipped off twice in Canada by sport bike riders. It made me wonder if it's a Canadian issue with 3 wheelers in general or the Slingshot specifically. It really hurt my feelings! I'm so sensitive...

We should feel sorry for them. Do you know how miserable your life must be if you’re out, free, in the wind, riding a motorcycle and you still have a burr in your saddle. Poor bastards!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I would say that about 1/2 wave, not over that. But still it is Harley riders in the majority that do not. I had to say something to a Harley rider today after he said something about the SS. Just asked him what else he had in his garage? That I also had a Harley and a couple of old cars in mine, it tends to shot them up real quick.

• @KayTwo could be on the 2nd episode: 'Intimidate the Mean People with Dr. Ross'.

too late ... Pound Sand with @KayTwo airs all day every day ..... or maybe it was just me that was told that

You two are gonna hurt my last feeling.... :00008172::00008172::00008172:

@SlingLow, I'm sorry if I intimidated you. I'll try to sit down more often around you so you can be taller than me. @Ross, I apologize if I cut deep furrows in your psyche with my repetitive use of a key phrase...i kind of figured that's what you needed to anchor it in your head. Guess maybe my anchor bolts were a bit aggressive.... I'll try to switch up words in the future.

:00008172::00008172::00008172:

• You two are gonna hurt my last feeling.... :00008172::00008172::00008172:

@SlingLow, I'm sorry if I intimidated you. I'll try to sit down more often around you so you can be taller than me. @Ross, I apologize if I cut deep furrows in your psyche with my repetitive use of a key phrase...i kind of figured that's what you needed to anchor it in your head. Guess maybe my anchor bolts were a bit aggressive.... I'll try to switch up words in the future.

:00008172::00008172::00008172:

Yeah, do that and no one will recognize you. We kind of like you the way you are ya big galoot!

• Actually i kinda enjoy not waving or receiving them...After 50 plus years of waving , Its a pleasure not waving, The SS is not a Motorcycle...So why confuse on coming bikers by waving to them..
    Just me thinking out loud....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I guess that I have been creating a lot of confusion over my lifetime where I have been known to wave just for the sake of waving, thinking that waving is just being friendly? I didn't realize that on the road waving is an obligation reserved between motorcycles only, (even though I do consider the Grasshopper our motorcycle alternative.) ;)

Others must be confused also for we get waves from not only motorcycles, but cars, pickups, motor homes, pedestrians..................? ?(:/

Bill

• No waves at all in the northeast it seems. Last week we did our first bike run, around 500 bikes and only 2 slings. The other sling showed up right before we started the ride so maybe they knew how people felt. All morning there were people looking at it, say 50/50 response kinda like politics today. Either they thought it was cool and bitched about it being there. Some even complained to the organizers that we shouldn't be there or allowed to ride. I think the real issue is that a lot of these bikers put $$$$$$$ in to making their bike special and when a slingshot shows up and gets all the attention they get pissy.

• No waves at all in the northeast it seems. Last week we did our first bike run, around 500 bikes and only 2 slings. The other sling showed up right before we started the ride so maybe they knew how people felt. All morning there were people looking at it, say 50/50 response kinda like politics today. Either they thought it was cool and bitched about it being there. Some even complained to the organizers that we shouldn't be there or allowed to ride. I think the real issue is that a lot of these bikers put $$$$$$$ in to making their bike special and when a slingshot shows up and gets all the attention they get pissy.

We need an "agree" button, I do not particularly "like" what this says, but I certainly can "agree" with it! :P

Other "specialty vehicle" owners also seem to show resentment when everybody is gathering around and gawking at their vehicle and when we pull in they all seem to gravitate over our way? :D

Bill