Does anybody get motorcycle waves?

• We get waves bout half the time, wife often initiates it, she gets a little flustered when they don't wave back.
    We have only passed maybe a half dozen Slings out riding, of course they all wave! :)

Three Wheel Therapy

Edited 2 times, last by ThomSS ().

• We just completed the ride home. New Mexico to East Tennessee. We waved at almost every bike along the way. Got a response from about half. For me, that’s good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After putting that many miles on your new love in that short of a time span are you still in love with it?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Maybe not everybody waves but Like others have mentioned, the SlingShot is not always immediately recognized as we approach each other. But as we pass each other almost all do a double take,especially the lady passengers, obviously checking out that comfortable seat in the SlingShot! ;)

Bill

• After putting that many miles on your new love in that short of a time span are m still in love with it?

What a silly question

It is the best purchase we have made in years. We had a ball on the ride home. Looking forward to MV in a couple of weeks.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• AKA Harleys never wave...........

just the opposite here Harley riders wave most of the time, kids on crotch rockets only occasionally

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I went riding with him who shall not be named an a group of Harley actually blocked the passing line so we couldn't pass them, so we were forced to do the rollercoaster road at like 20 under the limit.

But again most of the Harley's we encounter here belong to the H. Angels MC so that might be a factor.

I think living in an area with 4 large "MC" has something to do with the fact that those of us without "real bikes" aren't welcomed at certain places or events.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• On several occasions I have been at stop lights and had a motorcycle pull up next to me and each time the rider seemed very interested and had questions they asked. Heck just last week a guy on a Harley trike pulled along side of me driving up one of our major streets and he flipped his helmet up and started yelling questions at me as we were going 50 - thank god we got to a light and had to stop so he was able to hear my answers - real nice guy and he had a cane strapped on the back of the bike so I think he was really thinking about the sling as an option

• More than once during bike events, while sitting in traffic, I've been along side of Harley's with a cute passenger behind the dude. She smiles (or waves if they're passing by) and the boyfriend gets pissed at someone other than HIM is getting the attention.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• What a silly question
    It is the best purchase we have made in years. We had a ball on the ride home. Looking forward to MV in a couple of weeks.

3 years --- 62,000+ miles and I love it more every time I get in my Slingshot even for a short ride. And a long ride coming soon La Porte, IN to Maggie Valley, NC is frosting on the cake...and than a little riding in the Smokes.

• Gave the wave a lot on my Goldwing trike... did the three finger wave for a while in the Slingshot... but, now that the requirement for motorcycle license is becoming less prevalent, my wave is a "I see you" by pointing in their direction. Still get plenty of waves, and those that don't acknowledge, that's their problem.

I saw them and that's okay with me. We can only hope that others see them...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Wave or not- but make sure they see your smile ! Cuz when we’re on the road we all have one!!

Gotta lot of waves today- 255 miles round trip 15 to 138 to 2 to Glendale through the Angeles national Forest. Stopped at legendary Newcombs for some hydration and Wrightwood for lunch. Spaghett road for 50 miles !EditEdit :?: guess which sling is mine

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited 5 times, last by SoCal ().

• Back in 1970 when I had my 1964 Porsche 356-C all of the Porsche owners would flash their headlights when they saw another Porsche coming the other way - I always thought it was pretty cool because we all had something in common. I also think it is cool now to acknowledge others riding or driving non closed in vehicles. Whether we have 2 wheels or three or even 4 doesn't matter because we are all the same in our enjoyment of not being closed in. Heck I even wave at people standing on the sidewalk - Now that Cage Free is my daily driver I love how much more connected I feel with everything going on around me as I ride - - getting rid of my car for Cage Free was one of the best choices I have made in a very long time. So I dont care if they all wave back, dont matter because I will still be grinning like a fool and waving at them