Flapping Fender Fix

• This is a simple method for keeping your fenders from shaking on the highway. At the front end of the fender there are already 2 screws, one on the fender and one of the metal turn signal frame. Simply drilled 2 holes at the opposite end of 2 washers and bent one 90 degrees and then attached them where the aforementioned screws are. Plastic tie looped through now holds the fenders in place. (Obviously you have to cut and re-tie every any time you open the hood)--Good for longer trips.
    Also did the rear of the fender by drilling a hole through the metal hood pad frame and the upper part of the fender skirt. I bolted a little bracket on there but you can just tie through the hole. You don't really need to do the rear, the front holds it well enough.

• It has been suggested installing vents on the fenders reduces air pressure which reduces fender flapping. Have seen mixed reviews of such a modification at the other site.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• It has been suggested installing vents on the fenders reduces air pressure which reduces fender flapping. Have seen mixed reviews of such a modification at the other site.

The vents are more for reliving lift at high speeds. At higher speeds you get a lot of air pressure under the fenders which will lift them, the vents are used to reduce that pressure. I have seen them and spoken to a few people who installed them and they all claim it helps. But I do not see any advantage at normal driving speeds. However @Tripod had a really good post on how to adjust the front hood stops. You may want to reach out to him.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

When I find the time to finish fabbing up the final under hood bracket I will share the parts list and information for a solution that uses all existing mounting points and requires absolutely no modification or permanent mounting of anything ....

Everything is aluminum or stainless ...including the PC SS zip ties ..... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Pretty cool stuff..."orange" you glad you waited