Any noticeable differences between years

• I haven't owned more than one... research shows the following:

Wider color selection from the original two color availability...

Battery sizing...

Windshield changes...

Splashguard changes...

Rear center lower body panel shortened...

Four package offerings...

Purchase with top option...

Recalls...

Production cost increases...

and put your tin foil hat on...

Polaris is looking to produce their own engine for the Slingshot. Release date???

All this has been moving in this direction since the second year of production! Wake up!

Will 2018 be the peak sales year for Slingshots?

Will recalls of ORV's and Slingshots hurt or delay new production goals?

Is it worth it or would you be happy...

Dunno, you decide.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• The ecotek motor is a proven motor...I sure as heck don’t want to be a new motor design tester....if it turns out to be junk you’re screwed..I’d have to give it 5 years to see the reviews and complaints...

Vehicles are too expensive to be a guinea pig.

• Being that the SlingShot came out of the starting gate bucked up right against it's weight limit, it makes it doubtful that there will be any game changing options offered in the future from the manufacturer, which makes us very happy that we are very content with our 2015, which is the best model in our opinion.

Bill

• I owned an early model 2015 and now own a 2018. What I found are some noticeable difference.

Hood hinges are better and more sturdy.
    Engine performs better. Assume better tune
    Velocity seats rock.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @Bigdog just the tune. No parts changes that I am aware of.

To your other post. Yes folks have done many versions of the rebuilds. DDMWORKS Sells a whole engine and also parts to “beef” up the engine

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Being that the SlingShot came out of the starting gate bucked up right against it's weight limit, it makes it doubtful that there will be any game changing options offered in the future from the manufacturer.........................................
    Bill

OK, now after saying that, this revelation just may be a game changer where a group of SlingShot owners who were recently touring the Polaris factory were informed that the 2019 model will have a new Polaris designed engine.......................

Bill