Boy did I get a good deal

• I got a pretty good deal on my 2017 SLR but it was a better deal then I expected, found out from the dealer I have one year of warrant and extended warranty till 2022. Many thanks to the previous owner for that free gift. I think I'm going to need it... had the dealer replace the clock spring today and now it steers hard as hell. Hurts my left hand to drive it. Tried to pull the steering wheel off with my steering wheel puller and it bent the bolts, need to get shorter bolts and try again. When I was at the dealership I thought I heard a jack hammer being used on something... I think I know what they were using it on. :(

• Loosen the center nut holding the steering wheel on, but leave it with several threads still holding the nut on and use your hand or a rubber hammer to work the steering wheel loose. The nut keeps the wheel from flying off and hitting you.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• This Clock Spring thing is rediculous. I am going in Friday morning for my 2nd replacement.
    They tried to tell me this never happens but I didn't even know what a clock spring was until owning this.
    Love it though, just wish Polaris made SS with better steering.
    Congrats on your SS deal.

• Loosen the center nut holding the steering wheel on, but leave it with several threads still holding the nut on and use your hand or a rubber hammer to work the steering wheel loose. The nut keeps the wheel from flying off and hitting you/.

tried that... no workey.

• Loosen the center nut holding the steering wheel on, but leave it with several threads still holding the nut on and use your hand or a rubber hammer to work the steering wheel loose. The nut keeps the wheel from flying off and hitting you.

Sorry it didn't work for you. I need to swap steering wheels soon, so I hope it works for me.

• tried that... no workey.

I did that, with no regard for breaking anything, gripped the steering wheel at 3 and nine then pulled back and side to side yelling , "get the fuck off you piece of shit!!!". If you work up enough anger it WILL come off. Oh and loud angry cursing is the key. ;)

Leave the nut on there as @BKL said, the wheel can come off with equal anger towards you if it isn't contained. :D

• I did that, with no regard for breaking anything, gripped the steering wheel at 3 and nine then pulled back and side to side yelling , "get the fuck off you piece of shit!!!". If you work up enough anger it WILL come off. Oh and loud angry cursing is the key. ;)
    Leave the nut on there as @BKL said, the wheel can come off with equal anger towards you if it isn't contained. :D

I did it the easy way and bought shorter bolts for the puller (saved a lot a cussin). Worked like a charm then even though it was real tight. And when I put it back on I tightened the nut till it just touched the steering wheel. Steers like a dream now. If you tighten it to much I think it pinches a c clip or something and makes it hard to steer. Unfortunately replacement of the clock spring did not fix that other problem so I will have to take it apart again to see why the right blinker keeps shutting off before I even make the turn. If I turn the right blinker on and turn the wheel just a little to the left it shuts off the blinker.

• I did it the easy way and bought shorter bolts for the puller (saved a lot a cussin). Worked like a charm then even though it was real tight. And when I put it back on I tightened the nut till it just touched the steering wheel. Steers like a dream now. If you tighten it to much I think it pinches a c clip or something and makes it hard to steer. Unfortunately replacement of the clock spring did not fix that other problem so I will have to take it apart again to see why the right blinker keeps shutting off before I even make the turn. If I turn the right blinker on and turn the wheel just a little to the left it shuts off the blinker.

Mine does that too... always has though.