Small claims court

• I was a district court judge in Pennsylvania for 18 years. Heard hundreds and hundreds. maybe thousands of civil cases during that time. Small claims is supposed to be for non-lawyers but with that said the rules of evidence and procedure are the same as any other court so you really need to know your stuff to have the upper hand. My thinking was always to relax those rules a bit to let the case proceed. Most civil cases were no shows by defendants in which case the plaintiff automatically wins. Collecting civil judgments is totally up to the plaintiff who holds the judgment. The court assists only by request of the plaintiff by filing actions of recovery. Like others have said, be sure whomever you are suing have assets you can attach and sell. Otherwise all you have is a piece of paper saying someone owes you money. Good luck...

• I have a feeling the credit company is going to come through when look into this issue. Reading some of the negative reviews on the Google page, it’s surprising that they are still even operating. Too many correlations to lead me to believe these guys are bad news.

If all else fails, we will hit them hard with public shaming and recoup their money with a pound of flesh.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I have a feeling the credit company is going to come through when look into this issue. Reading some of the negative reviews on the Google page, it’s surprising that they are still even operating. Too many correlations to lead me to believe these guys are bad news.

If all else fails, we will hit them hard with public shaming and recoup their money with a pound of flesh.

You should have seen the look on Heather's face when she got back in the car after he told her to her face that he wouldn't honor the warranty on the transmission because we had done the work on the struts ourselves....

• You should have seen the look on Heather's face when she got back in the car after he told her to her face that he wouldn't honor the warranty on the transmission because we had done the work on the struts ourselves....

Polish up your TV suit... that shit doesn’t fly with me. One more thing I want to get in place and it’s go-time!

Signature.png

• I was a district court judge in Pennsylvania for 18 years. Heard hundreds and hundreds. maybe thousands of civil cases during that time. Small claims is supposed to be for non-lawyers but with that said the rules of evidence and procedure are the same as any other court so you really need to know your stuff to have the upper hand. My thinking was always to relax those rules a bit to let the case proceed. Most civil cases were no shows by defendants in which case the plaintiff automatically wins. Collecting civil judgments is totally up to the plaintiff who holds the judgment. The court assists only by request of the plaintiff by filing actions of recovery. Like others have said, be sure whomever you are suing have assets you can attach and sell. Otherwise all you have is a piece of paper saying someone owes you money. Good luck...

LAWYERS.....NOW A JUDGE .....there goes the neighborhood :00008172: Welcome to the forum Your Honor

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• She's not just trying to be nice - she's excited for the opportunity to tear someone's head off and shit down their neck. If she gets to do that and help a friend, even better.

Hmmm....perhaps this also sounds just a wee bit like someone else we all know and love???? Not naming names or anything, but methinks her initials are:
    @sideseatdriver........ :whistling::00008356:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Thanks for the welcome. @Bill Martin I'm not a lawyer (not that there's anything wrong with that). Previously a 17 year police officer. In Pennsylvania, district judges are commonly just "common people" who are able to be certified through testing by the Supreme Court of PA. Although there is a trend for lawyers to get those positions. District judges are elected every 6 years.

• Hmmm....perhaps this also sounds just a wee bit like someone else we all know and love???? Not naming names or anything, but methinks her initials are:@sideseatdriverȀb;........ :whistling::00008356:

LOL ~> Y’all, this is no biggie really... I will always do what I can for the people I care about. In my case, I just know this game all too well (more importantly... how to “legally” win while adding a little “F-U” for satisfaction)! In all honesty, they really don’t want what will happen to their business if they don’t make it right with Jared and Heather. Negative social exposure/public narratives, will cripple them (possibly into closure) when the press gets hold of this story (which they will). Almost done with my draft to the Summerville Chamber of Commerce and will be polling unhappy customers for written/on-air statements (this information will not be made public here).

And before anyone gets on me for “this ain’t right” ~> just remember, Jared and Heather are the victims and we’ve heard from a sure-foot lawyer and district court judge (both giving grim success rates). All they have to do is make it right and I’ll stop... it’s that simple.

Signature.png

• Wow with all the lawyers and judges and mafia types on this forum I thought someone would make the suggestion to get another shop to repair your vehicle or at least get a couple of estimates. I know when I go to court(and one TV also) the judge always wants to see proof of your loss. Just telling him the transmission is failing will not do. I have rarely collected easily in small claims as the people you sue are scum bags from the get go. 6 wins and 1 collection. The last 2 people I won have contested the result and when I won again I still never got paid. I always say- actually I can't say, so when I get caught I have an alibi.

• Wow with all the lawyers and judges and mafia types on this forum I thought someone would make the suggestion to get another shop to repair your vehicle or at least get a couple of estimates. I know when I go to court(and one TV also) the judge always wants to see proof of your loss. Just telling him the transmission is failing will not do. I have rarely collected easily in small claims as the people you sue are scum bags from the get go. 6 wins and 1 collection. The last 2 people I won have contested the result and when I won again I still never got paid. I always say- actually I can't say, so when I get caught I have an alibi.

Using common sense you would think other estimates would be helpful. Problem is are any other estimates any more credible than the defendants which you would have to prove they were? Would another estimator be willing to testify in court that his findings (have to prove he is an expert witness) were accurate. The proposed defendant alleges that work done to vehicle after his repairs caused the problem (not judging here @sideseatdriver :D ) which I think you would be hard pressed to find a third party that would take either side in court. As I say often there is sometimes a wide gap between the truth and what you can prove.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Wow with all the lawyers and judges and mafia types on this forum I thought someone would make the suggestion to get another shop to repair your vehicle or at least get a couple of estimates. I know when I go to court(and one TV also) the judge always wants to see proof of your loss. Just telling him the transmission is failing will not do.

Already done. That's what prompted this thread, when we got the car back on Monday with a note from the tech that said "this transmission is about to fail, recommend replace now." Considering the work was done in Dec/Jan, that's totally unsat.